Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've recently moved my latest book into KDP, it's my first experience of KU. More numbers to watch!Anyone have any recommendations on places to advertise directly to KU users?
Cheers xx

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
What you can do if you have facebook, there are several Kindle Unlimited groups.  Join some of them. 

Why do you want to target only borrowers? 
Do you not want sales?
I know more readers that are not KU subscribers than are KU subscribers. 
Even though you are in Select, all Amazon customers have access to your book, not just the subscribers.   

I hope this helps.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
There are various FB groups for advertising KU books, but I run one, and have to honestly say, I think it's made up almost entirely of other authors. I've posted several times in the group for authors to please share the page with their readers so that there is a better mix, but very few do. I guess nobody wants to be the one to ask readers to join? I got a few of my readers/friends to sign up the first week I started it, going by members who have asked to join, they are almost all authors.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
MaryMcDonald said:
There are various FB groups for advertising KU books, but I run one, and have to honestly say, I think it's made up almost entirely of other authors. I've posted several times in the group for authors to please share the page with their readers so that there is a better mix, but very few do. I guess nobody wants to be the one to ask readers to join? I got a few of my readers/friends to sign up the first week I started it, going by members who have asked to join, they are almost all authors.
Mary, is yours an open or closed group?

·
Registered
11,698 Posts
MaryMcDonald said:
Let us have the link and we can try to share.

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
cinisajoy said:
Mary, is yours an open or closed group?
It's a public group but I have to approve members. (just to stop people from trying to sell sunglasses and shoes). Membership has been climbing a lot faster over the last month. It took months to reach 200 members, but then that more than doubled in the last six weeks or so.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/548083355320110/

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
cinisajoy said:
What you can do if you have facebook, there are several Kindle Unlimited groups. Join some of them.

Why do you want to target only borrowers?
Do you not want sales?
I know more readers that are not KU subscribers than are KU subscribers.
Even though you are in Select, all Amazon customers have access to your book, not just the subscribers.

I hope this helps.
Thanks Yoda, I've joined a couple of groups on FB, I'll try to search out more. I already advertise on there to general amazon paid customers, it's more that I've not used KU before so am interested in how to reach its users specifically. I figured that the improved rank from KU lends would increase visibility to paying customers too.

·
Registered
253 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
MaryMcDonald said:
It's a public group but I have to approve members. (just to stop people from trying to sell sunglasses and shoes). Membership has been climbing a lot faster over the last month. It took months to reach 200 members, but then that more than doubled in the last six weeks or so.

Have sent a join request Mary, will share. x

·
Registered
11,698 Posts
MaryMcDonald said:

I've applied to join your group :)

ETA Been accepted, shared and posted ;D.
ETA Have also posted it in a couple of other writers' Facebook groups.

·
Registered
62 Posts
MaryMcDonald said:

I'm Pending.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
Kitty French said:
Thanks Yoda, I've joined a couple of groups on FB, I'll try to search out more. I already advertise on there to general amazon paid customers, it's more that I've not used KU before so am interested in how to reach its users specifically. I figured that the improved rank from KU lends would increase visibility to paying customers too.
I'm not Yoda. I am the smiley. Yoda is much smarter than I am.

·
Registered
1,844 Posts
Hey Mary, I'm on your site. Until now with no KU in Canada, I've had no friends to share it with! But KU is here now so that's a good reminder that groups like this will be useful here now.

That said, I agree that the majority of these sites seem to be made up of other authors. But hey, we read too!

·
Registered
4,412 Posts
Heather Hamilton-Senter said:
Hey Mary, I'm on your site. Until now with no KU in Canada, I've had no friends to share it with! But KU is here now so that's a good reminder that groups like this will be useful here now.

That said, I agree that the majority of these sites seem to be made up of other authors. But hey, we read too!
When did CA get KU? I was pleasantly surprised the other day when I had a borrow there.

1 - 16 of 16 Posts