Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anyone know if there is a list of all of the preloaded screen-savers?  I've had my Kindle since January '08, love it and the screen-savers.  While some of them are clearly identified, others are not.  Call me a curious dork.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I understand there were 34? in the original set, but that later Kindles have a slightly different set, some new ones, some original ones not there.  I'm still working through mine.  It's always a surprise to see what's there!

B.

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Unidentified is John Steinbeck. The grapes of wrath.

·
Registered
186 Posts
There is a zip file of all most of the screensavers in the included link to the Mobiread Forums courtesy of Igorsk. Here's the link to the thread. http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showthread.php?t=28020&highlight=screensavers You can download and expand the zip to get the individual screensaver files, then view them. Note that not all these are installed on each Kindle. Don't know why. Strangely enough, Steinbeck doesn't appear in this lzip file but he does on my Kindle.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
As far as I can tell, there are several on mine that aren't in Igorsk's zip file:
Alexandre Dumas
a fancy letter B
the Steinbeck
plans for a catherdal
a fancy hand
Agatha Christie

I haven't been able to get these, which are in Igorsk's file, to appear on my Kindle:
Edgar Allan Poe
the guy in the library with a skull on the window
or the words flexuous or
palimpsest

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts

·
Registered
186 Posts
Not all the images in Igor's set of files appear on all Kindles.  The guy with the skull, palimpsest and flexuous, aren't  on mine either.  Poe is on mine.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
I used Igor's list for the list of screensavers in my FAQ book but as I looked at his pictures and my Kindle, I realized there were differences between the two. I also didn't list all the machines and things, just the names of the people. The list the Betsy posted seems to be pretty close to the ones I have.

L

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Tarma said:
Maybe the different screen savers are the reason for the different version numbers. ;D
There's a thought. So who is geeky enough here to figure out which is which. Like I said, I seem to have the same set as Betsy:
Alexandre Dumas
a fancy letter B
the Steinbeck
plans for a catherdal
a fancy hand <-- this one is not ringing a bell, actually
Agatha Christie

and I have software version 1.0.8

Others?

L

G

·
I too have software 1.0.8 with the additional ones Leslie named. I am missing a couple (or haven't seen them yet) from the file.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Octochick said:
Is there a way to just set it to one?
Yes, I think (I haven't done anything with changing the screensavers so this is a guess).

If you follow the instructions to change the screensavers (in my book and someone posted on the hints board) and only include one image, then it will always go to that image...I would think.

L

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
Thanks, pretty easy!

I have my own screen savers in now, all I need is my new case and my Kindle world will be complete!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
I have version 1.08 and the aforementioned list.  I was also starting wonder if the version correlates with the screensavers...

Betsy

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
I have version 1.1.1 and seem to have the same screen savers listed by Betsy, but I also have a picture with a tree limb and lots of birds (my fav so far) and an Egyptian hyroglyphic (sp?) type of pic. I am not sure if I have seen them all yet either... still playing!

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
tx_angel said:
I have version 1.1.1 and seem to have the same screen savers listed by Betsy, but I also have a picture with a tree limb and lots of birds (my fav so far) and an Egyptian hyroglyphic (sp?) type of pic. I am not sure if I have seen them all yet either... still playing!
There is a set of screensavers that were on the original Kindles; Leslie lists them in her FAQ book. There is also a zip file of the images. See this link http://www.kboards.com/index.php/topic,228.msg2066.html#msg2066.

The ones I listed earlier were not in the original set, and seem to be on later Kindles, like mine. The two you list are part of the newer set! Keep playing! (I kept hitting alt-Aa over and over again. My poor Kindles buttons will wear out!)

Betsy

1 - 16 of 16 Posts