Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi guys, not sure if anyone can help me ... I live in Japan and was just about to order a paperwhite as they're now available.  I have Amazon accounts in both the UK and Japan and was wondering if I'd be able to register it to my UK one so that I can buy books from the UK where they're far cheaper and there's a bigger selection.

Has anyone been in this situation and does anyone know what will happen?  I've been searching the info online but not found the answer yet.

Thanks a lot.

Chris

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
I think you'll be able to register it to the UK store since you have an existing account.. Is your registered address in the UK? You may have a problem, though, as Amazon does cross-check the current location by IP. I know we have other members who have had similar issues; hopefully one of them will post.

Betsy

·
Registered
1,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
I think you'll be able to register it to the UK store since you have an existing account.. Is your registered address in the UK? You may have a problem, though, as Amazon does cross-check the current location by IP. I know we have other members who have had similar issues; hopefully one of them will post.

Betsy
Thanks, Betsy. I've been toying with the idea of buying one in the UK and having someone send it out, but that might cause issues with the warranty.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts