Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
can you have each Kindle "attached" to a different credit card?  My husband just ordered a Kindle and he wants to be able to read my books, but we use seperate credit cards for our non-necessary purchaces.

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
You can have more than one credit card, but the card is not attached to any particular card. My daughter and I share an account and we just go to the Manage Your Kindle page and switch the card when we want to order books. It works great. So far, we have managed not to charge on each others credit card. :)

·
Registered
723 Posts
Kathy said:
You can have more than one credit card, but the card is not attached to any particular card. My daughter and I share an account and we just go to the Manage Your Kindle page and switch the card when we want to order books. It works great. So far, we have managed not to charge on each others credit card. :)
You need to make that change (of credit card) each time before hitting the 1 click button right?

Eric

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
ELDogStar said:
You need to make that change (of credit card) each time before hitting the 1 click button right?

Eric
Yes. Both my daughter and I order our books off of the internet, so we just go to the Manage Your Kindle before starting to shop and double-check that we have the right card attached to the one click. The card stays there until you change it again. Really easy.

·
Registered
723 Posts
Kathy said:
Yes. Both my daughter and I order our books off of the internet, so we just go to the Manage Your Kindle before starting to shop and double-check that we have the right card attached to the one click. The card stays there until you change it again. Really easy.
Thank you Kathy!
It really was a little stupid on my part, but I needed it confirmed...

I do NOW understand.

Eric (The dog trainer guy.)

·
Registered
4,967 Posts
ELDogStar said:
Thank you Kathy!
It really was a little stupid on my part, but I needed it confirmed...

I do NOW understand.

Eric (The dog trainer guy.)
Like my dad always said, "There are no stupid questions". Glad to help.

·
Registered
9,365 Posts
Just a note though - even if you have separate credit cards and change the one-click information before you order, if there is a gift card or e-certificate that has been applied to the account it will  one-click from that before going to the individual credit card and you can't attach separate gift cards or e-certificates to each.  Is that clear as mud?

·
Registered
723 Posts
crebel said:
Just a note though - even if you have separate credit cards and change the one-click information before you order, if there is a gift card or e-certificate that has been applied to the account it will one-click from that before going to the individual credit card and you can't attach separate gift cards or e-certificates to each. Is that clear as mud?
Totally clear!

Eric

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Sometimes I use my Visa debit card, sometimes I use my Visa/Chase Amazon card, a previously stated just make sure you change the card. Any purchases will always be deducted from gift cards first.  And as stated by a previous member there are no stupid questions on KB.  ;)

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
It's important to note though that if you are ordering by one click you cannot switch CC.........like when your purchasing a book on your kindle as opposed to the computer- or at least this is my understanding of it?

·
Registered
723 Posts
pomlover2586 said:
It's important to note though that if you are ordering by one click you cannot switch CC.........like when your purchasing a book on your kindle as opposed to the computer- or at least this is my understanding of it?
You must switch the CC (payment method) BEFORE doing the one click thing...

Eric

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
pomlover2586 said:
This is correct you would have to skip one click and go to check out options and make your purchase through there in order to change your payment method.

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
You can only change credit card info via the computer, not on the Kindle.

Also, there is no check-out process when buying a Kindle book.  It is always one-click, even on the computer.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts