Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've read all of Janet Evanovich up to Lean Mean Thirteen. I gave so many of Janet's books to friends and family. Here's another series you might like by Maddy Hunter. Start with the first one "Alpine for You".

Editorial Reviews

...as funny as anything by Katy Munger, Janet Evanovich, Joan Hess....This one gets *****. It's a winner. -- Black Bird Mysteries

Delightfully fresh, with a great deal of humor. -- Creatures 'n Crooks Bookshoppe

I found myself laughing out loud....The word 'hoot' comes to mind. -- Deadly Pleasures

Here's Maddy's web site. http://www.maddyhunter.com/pasta.html

·
Registered
684 Posts
Avalon3,
Thank you for the recommendation. I just ordered the sample of Alpine for You. I have recently finished Patricia Cornwell's Scarpetta and need something light-hearted.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I love the Plum number series but hate the between the numbers books.  If you haven't read them and are planning to, you might want to sample before you buy.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
sebat said:
I love the Plum number series but hate the between the numbers books. If you haven't read them and are planning to, you might want to sample before you buy.
Good safety tip. Any particular reason you don't like them?

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
gertiekindle said:
Good safety tip. Any particular reason you don't like them?
The stories just don't seem very well developed. Ranger and Morelli are not part of the story line. There's a new guy in them, that I really didn't care for. They read almost like she wrote them in a week 'cause she needed to make a quick buck.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
sebat said:
The stories just don't seem very well developed. Ranger and Morelli are not part of the story line. There's a new guy in them, that I really didn't care for. They read almost like she wrote them in a week 'cause she needed to make a quick buck.
It's one thing for Steph to be torn between Ranger and Morelli, but I can't see bringing in a third guy. I'll definitely sample first, or maybe just try the library.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
Thanks Avalon: This sound like books that I would enjoy also. I am trying a sample of Alpine for you.

·
Registered
1,183 Posts
I absolutely adore Janet Evanovich.  Love the number series, liked Metro Girl.  But I always get her books on audio from audible.com.  (I travel a lot and love my audio books.)  Janet can make me laugh til I cry.  I share a lot of my audio books and have turned several friends into Evanovich fans.  Some books are just better in audio and I believe Janet Evanovich makes for great audio!

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
sebat said:
I love the Plum number series but hate the between the numbers books. If you haven't read them and are planning to, you might want to sample before you buy.
I also love the Plum number books and agree with your assement of the tweeners. They just don't seem as polished, and throw in the new guy, Diesel, for no reason.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
intinst said:
I also love the Plum number books and agree with your assement of the tweeners. They just don't seem as polished, and throw in the new guy, Diesel, for no reason.
Glad to see I'm not the only one that thought that. I had been wanting to comment on the tweeners for awhile but didn't think it was really worth starting a new thread over. This looked like as good a place as any. ;)

Avalon, thanks for the book suggestions. I've downloaded a sample of the first one.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Marci said:
Yes, the "Passport to Peril" series looks great.

Which is the first of the series?

Marci
"Alpine for You"

·
Registered
684 Posts
That's right, Plum Spooky comes out tomorrow! I like the in-between books. As a matter of fact, I like all things Janet Evanovich. My sister and I have an on-going battle between Morelli and Ranger. I'm a Morelli fan and she leans towards Ranger. Go Cupcake!!

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
Thanks:  Read all (pre-Kindle) but not #14; because it wasn't available for Kindle.

·
Registered
684 Posts
Plum Spooky doesn't seem to be offered in the Kindle Version. I plan on buying the hardback version to add to my collection but would like to have the option of either version. Oh well, will continue to click to add to Kindle.

·
Registered
364 Posts
Avalon3 said:
I've read all of Janet Evanovich up to Lean Mean Thirteen. I gave so many of Janet's books to friends and family. Here's another series you might like by Maddy Hunter. Start with the first one "Alpine for You".

Editorial Reviews

...as funny as anything by Katy Munger, Janet Evanovich, Joan Hess....This one gets *****. It's a winner. -- Black Bird Mysteries

Delightfully fresh, with a great deal of humor. -- Creatures 'n Crooks Bookshoppe

I found myself laughing out loud....The word 'hoot' comes to mind. -- Deadly Pleasures

Here's Maddy's web site. http://www.maddyhunter.com/pasta.html

Thanks for tell us about this series I just download the sample of the first book

1 - 20 of 33 Posts