Kindle Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The Spouse Thingy's birthday is coming up very soon; I'm planning on getting him his own Kindle, but the box mine shipped in pretty much screamed IT'S A KINDLE when it was delivered.

For those who perhaps ordered a cover along with their Kindle, were the items shipped together in a single box, without the IT'S A KINDLE print on the outside? Or did the Kindle come separately?

If I get an Amazon box delivered, he won't think anything about it; he'll notice a Kindle box. Any hope that if I order it along with other things that they'll all come in one generic box?

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
We're new in town, no one to ship it to.

I guess I'll just have to sit outside all day when it's scheduled to arrive, and threaten to throw things at him if he dares to wander outside...

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Why just threaten?

·
Super Moderator
67,324 Posts
If you actually call Amazon, maybe they have some kind of extra packaging they could put it in.  Wouldn't hurt to ask. 

My K1 came in an ordinary Amazon box, but then the box in the box, now, THAT screamed KINDLE!

Ann

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
If he says anything you can tell him you had had trouble with yours and this was a replacement? and you didn't want to send yours in until you got the replacement?  You didn't want to "worry" him about yours not functioning well, or Max did something to it or ?  Or possibly contact the shipper locally to see if you can pick it up?

Good luck!

·
Registered
159 Posts
I get my mail at a UPS Store and I know they'll accept packages for non-boxholders. I think there's a smallish charge ($3?), but they receive the package and call the number on it to notify the person. It might be worth checking if there's anything similar in your area?

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Anju No. 469 said:
or Max did something to it or ?
Max...toothy death... LOL he'd buy it.

I think I'm just going to have the threaten him with bodily harm if he answers the door the day it's supposed to get here. He knows I've been shopping online for birthday presents, and he's afraid of my wicked sidekick, so he might just hide in the bedroom all day ;)

I thought about sending it to our son's house, but the Boy wants one so badly it'd be like dangling candy in front of a three year old and saying "No, not yours..."

Nothing days "Happy Birthday" like back off or I'll make you cry. I'll go with the threat.

Thanks, all :)

·
Registered
1,766 Posts
Can't you mark it as a gift when you order it? They do gift wrap, right?

·
Registered
63 Posts
MAGreen said:
I was thinking the same thing. I think also if you mark it as a gift they would put it in another box since the shipping box as is discloses the contents.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
I ordered my Kindle 2 and Amazon leather cover at the same time, and in my case they arrived at the same time, in the same box. The outer box wasn't labeled as a Kindle box.

But it sounds like if they come separately you may have a problem with the contents of the box being obvious.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
MAGreen said:
I had not noticed this before! If I get the option I'll certainly mark it as a gift. I usually do the 1 click thing and I don't remember ever having that option, but I can poke around and find it.

·
Registered
2,566 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Harvey said:
I ordered my Kindle 2 and Amazon leather cover at the same time, and in my case they arrived at the same time, in the same box.
I'm ordering both at the same time this time (did not when I ordered mine) so hopefully it will come packaged as yours. But I'm going to see if I can have it marked as a gift, just in case. And then stand guard and threaten him, because that's always fun ;)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Thumper said:
I'm ordering both at the same time this time (did not when I ordered mine) so hopefully it will come packaged as yours. But I'm going to see if I can have it marked as a gift, just in case. And then stand guard and threaten him, because that's always fun ;)
Yeah, no point in missing out on that, just for a birthday gift. ;)

1 - 16 of 16 Posts