Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 69 Posts

·
Registered
6,664 Posts
Interesting.  With many of my books I end up associating a song with it.  Sometimes I find myself having to listen to that particular song as I write, or before I write.  I find it most often with my Sin-Eater series.  "Extreme Ways" by Moby was associated with Sin-Eater: Book One.  Another Moby tune..."Homeward Angel" was associated with Book two.  As I write Book Three, it's been Johnny Cash's "God's Gonna Cut You Down."

·
Registered
583 Posts
Allie Beck said:
I just found mine ROFL: Dumpster Sex by Spank Bank
lol

balaspa said:
Interesting. With many of my books I end up associating a song with it. Sometimes I find myself having to listen to that particular song as I write, or before I write. I find it most often with my Sin-Eater series. "Extreme Ways" by Moby was associated with Sin-Eater: Book One. Another Moby tune..."Homeward Angel" was associated with Book two. As I write Book Three, it's been Johnny Cash's "God's Gonna Cut You Down."
One book I wrote listening to nothing but Radiohead.

·
Registered
691 Posts
The Depths of Deception : Joy Division's 'Love Will Tear Us Apart'

Fairyland and the Revolution :  Steppenwolf's 'Born to be Wild.'
:)

·
Registered
561 Posts
balaspa said:
Sometimes I find myself having to listen to that particular song as I write, or before I write.
Me, too. I put on headphones and set my MP3 player on repeat (so I don't drive everyone crazy). The song I listened to non-stop while I wrote ...and night falls was "Lowdown" by Boz Scaggs. Each story has a different song or two that I listened to. For my latest release, Deep in the Valley, I mostly listened to "Amazing Grace" sung in Cherokee by Walela.

·
Registered
2,716 Posts
Destiny's Kiss - "Far Far Away" by Blackmore's Knight or "Exodus" by Evanescence

A Fistful of Fire - No clue. :/ I can't seem to find a song that matches the book in message, style, theme, etc.
A Fistful of Earth - "Born to Feel Alive" by Gregorian
A Fistful of Water - possibly "Tenuous" by Sleepthief; not sure yet.
A Fistful of Air - "Requiem, Kyrie" by Virgin Black

Oh, I like that "Requiem for a Dream" song. The original version was called "Lux Æterna", and it was written for the soundtrack of the movie Requiem for a Dream, and the version used in the trailer for The Two Towers is called "Requiem for a Tower" version.

I have one WiP with a theme song of Linkin Park's "In Pieces". I now can't hear the song without getting "put" into that story, which is a WiP for a reason… (I do not recommend immersing yourself in a novel cast full of sociopaths for NaNoWriMo.)

·
Registered
11 Posts
It would definitely have to be "Look What You've Done to Me" by Boz Skaggs. There's a line in the song, "and After All Is Said And Done..after all you are the one...", which is the title of my book. I remember listening to this song when I was halfway through writing the book, and I felt this title was perfect.

·
Registered
6,565 Posts
Although it is a mystery western about a pair of young gunslingers... the song that I have always felt was the theme for "HAVE GUN, WILL PLAY" is Herman's Hermits "Something Tells Me I'm Into Something Good."  Because that's pretty much my narrator's whole perspective on life since he married his wildcat wife.

Camille

·
Registered
4,760 Posts
For my novel Eye of the Wizard... the Superman theme! If you didn't know it was from Superman, it would perfectly fit the book's high adventure, swashbuckling, and magic.

1 - 20 of 69 Posts