Kindle Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My guy is, sadly, stuck in a disaster zone today. He helps the Red Cross and other orgs with triage and setting up disaster relief sometimes because he has a lot of experience (worked with Doctors Without Borders for a long time in his youth).

His net access is nil. Phone service sketchy. I get a message once a day, and am happy to have that. I would rather have him focused on those in need.

And yet...

A Fedex dude delivered two packages to me with my birthday gifts and a card. And I had flowers this morning.

http://christineolinger.blogspot.com/2011/05/hes-best.html

I really miss him. :(

·
Registered
407 Posts
Happy Birthday to you. What your fella is doing is so very much appreciated for those who are in desperate need right now. Just remember you can celebrate big time when he comes home.  :)

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
How wonderful that even when he is swamped helping others he takes the time to get you something even if he can't be there.

Mine would have to be dead to forget mine. Valentine's Day kinda hard to forget.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
He's a keeper, for sure! (Nice diamond, by the way. My husband wouldn't get me anything like that..............ever.) Although I'm not very close to Joplin, I do live in Missouri, and we all deeply appreciate the selflessness of people like your husband.

Happy Birthday!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
He's coming home tonight and another guy who works with relief is taking his slot.

Can't tell you how relieved I will be to have him home.

:)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.