Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
...I would advise waiting a few hours.

My new book went live yesterday, but it isn't displaying a cover, and I've heard from several other authors that they're having the same problem, so it appears to be hitting a lot of books.

In the meantime, sit back, twiddle thumbs, eat some prawns, etc.

·
Registered
1,510 Posts
smreine said:
In the meantime, sit back, twiddle thumbs, eat some prawns, etc.
have sex, read a good book, go out for dinner and a movie, do some research on the next novel, practice your martial arts kata, lounge in your hammock chair, smoke some doobie...

·
Registered
4,185 Posts

·
Registered
5,659 Posts
have sex, read a good book, go out for dinner and a movie, do some research on the next novel, practice your martial arts kata, lounge in your hammock chair, smoke some doobie.
hmmmm...this or prawns...Wow,is there any doubt (minus the martial arts, of course)?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
You're brilliant, Kathleen. I could kiss you, but I have morning breath, and it would be weird.

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Yes...right...weird... *shifty eyes*

Alas, it doesn't do anything for the missing cover in search, but at least readers won't be confused by the empty box on the page.

·
Registered
203 Posts
brinacourtney said:
Yep, mine has fixed itself as well.
Thank God, it just looked weird with that white box.
Mine just fixed itself too. Too bad it gave me a heart attack first with the stupid white boxes so I re-uploaded it and now it's in review. *headdesk*

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
robin_hart said:
Mine just fixed itself too. Too bad it gave me a heart attack first with the stupid white boxes so I re-uploaded it and now it's in review. *headdesk*
Ohh, those covers are lovely, Robin. :)

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
brinacourtney said:
Yep, mine has fixed itself as well.
Thank God, it just looked weird with that white box.
So what's your new release, Brina? I don't see it in your author profile.

·
Registered
973 Posts
I updated three books today (each with new covers) and all 3 times I hit publish, I got an error message. It took 2-3 more tries...is this normal with Amazon these days?

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Yeah, that's pretty typical behavior, at least for the last few weeks. It's a beast of its own, though. I don't think it's connected to the cover snafu.

·
Registered
973 Posts
smreine said:
Yeah, that's pretty typical behavior, at least for the last few weeks. It's a beast of its own, though. I don't think it's connected to the cover snafu.
Thanks, that's good to know. I was wondering if it was my ancient computer or something to do with Firefox.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
teashopgirl said:
Thanks, that's good to know. I was wondering if it was my ancient computer or something to do with Firefox.
I've had that problem several times in the last few weeks.

And the new cover is still not showing after about 36 hours.

·
Registered
1,023 Posts
Well, because SM said it was ok I went ahead and hit 'publish' under a pen name for the first time. Next week around this time I will be hitting it again.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts