KBoards.com banner

1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
(Updated to reflect upgraded forum software - Apr 21, 2014)

IGNORE. An Ignore feature - which allows you to avoid posts and PMs from certain members - is available. Go to Profile > Forum Profile > Modify Profile > Buddies/Ignore List > Edit Ignore List.

Note: This works differently than it did previously. If you had certain members on Ignore prior to March 2014, you'll have to re-add them.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
For those of you inclined to use this feature, keep in mind that the purpose of the Ignore feature is to defuse, not to incite. With that in mind:

- Do not "announce" to anyone in the boards that you're ignoring them. Moderators will delete those posts.
- Be aware that if anyone quotes a post from an Ignored member, that quoted text will be viewable to you.
- If you can't resist clicking on the "Show me the post" link... we can't help you.
- Please use this judiciously as it does have a small performance impact on the boards.

·
Registered
9,515 Posts
Harvey, I am thankful you installed this.. I think it will help in diffusing certain types of situations that sometimes crop up.. I woulda paid you for this feature a year ago.. ;)

·
Super Moderator
67,220 Posts
You can support kboards by buying from our affiliate links above . . . . . and I'll alert Harvey to your question -- there did used to be a way to make a direct donation, I think. Maybe it got lost in the transition to the new software. :)

·
Registered
9,136 Posts
I thought I would dredge up this thread to point out a new discovery I made today.  If you have a member on your ignore list, they remain ignored even if they change their user name!  I think this is excellent.

·
Registered
12,722 Posts
This is a good feature.

·
Super Moderator
67,220 Posts
Did somebody say something? ???

;)

;D

1 - 20 of 29 Posts