Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 35 Posts

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is there really a button that means you can ignore all the posts from someone? I've seen this quasi-referenced twice but don't see anything.

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
If you go to your settings and choose "personal messages," you can type in a user name to ignore and PMs from a particular user.

But I don't think this board had the mod installed where you can ignore actual posts from a member. A handy feature, although generally you still see that they posted, you just can't see the actual post content.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Actually, if you put someone on "Ignore" not only will PMs be blocked, but you won't see the text of posts by that member unless you choose to on a post-by-post basis.

Go to Profile > Personal Message Options and enter the user display name of the member in the box.

When the "ignored" person posts, you'll see that the person posted, but the text will be hidden unless you click on it.

Betsy

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
Thank you for the clarification. The text of the ignore screen doesn't say you wan't see their post content, just the PMs. Good to know.

Not that I don't love everybody here.  :-*

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Caitie, don't ignore me! I love you! I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHRGL!

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
TexasGirl said:
Thank you for the clarification. The text of the ignore screen doesn't say you wan't see their post content, just the PMs. Good to know.

Not that I don't love everybody here. :-*
;)

That might be because the mod wasn't initially installed but added later. Harvey initially believed that members would be capable of not responding to people without computer aids.
::)

Betsy

·
Registered
5,123 Posts
Haha, I thought you changed your mind about this thread and edited the title to "ignore" so people wouldn't read it.
Then I was going to post something cheeky, anyway.
You spoiled my fun!

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Quiss said:
Haha, I thought you changed your mind about this thread and edited the title to "ignore" so people wouldn't read it.
Then I was going to post something cheeky, anyway.
You spoiled my fun!
I thought the same thing...

Betsy

·
Registered
1,614 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Nathalie Hamidi said:
Caitie, don't ignore me! I love you! I love youuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuu!
AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHRGL!
*snort* Chocolate for you! ;)

Personally, an ignore button wouldn't be so I don't respond. I'm here to get info and enjoy other authors. I know everyone uses the boards differently.

I'm still pondering this ignore thing. ;)

Anyway, there are days I post when I'm convinced the whole board has me on ignore, so it will all even out. :p

·
Registered
3,642 Posts
One of the forums I am on will show you in someone's profile how many user are ignoring them.

It's stressful. But I don't behave any better because of it.  :D

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
TexasGirl said:
One of the forums I am on will show you in someone's profile how many user are ignoring them.

It's stressful. But I don't behave any better because of it. :D
I kinda want that, now.
*pouts*

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
We don't issue scarlet letters here....
:D

Betsy
I had to look that up, thanks for the new knowledge... at first I was like... colonial time fiction?! ;D ;D ;D
*still pouting but with a slightly increased IQ*

·
Registered
2,698 Posts
This is brilliant. Now I'm going to ignore THE ENTIRE BOARD except for the sezzy ladies I want to creep on, like Betsy and Lisa Grace. Well, and Robert J Crane. He can be an honorary* sezzy lady.

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Thanks for including me on your list, SMR.  I'm not sure you can ignore moderators, anyway.  :D  And, if you can, don't ignore Ann.  It'll hurt her feelings.
  ;D

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Nathalie Hamidi said:
I had to look that up, thanks for the new knowledge... at first I was like... colonial time fiction?! ;D ;D ;D
*still pouting but with a slightly increased IQ*
;D

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
The way it works here, you can  just click on individual blocked messages to read them, rather than have to unblock the person. And maybe the message will remind you why you blocked the peson.

I just use my internal ignore...except when posting as a moderator.

Betsy

·
Registered
2,622 Posts
I noticed you can report the moderators to the moderators, though!
How does that work? Does Betsy pound on Ann a little? Does Harvey comes with some kind of torture device to handle the reported mods?  ;D

1 - 20 of 35 Posts