Kindle Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,211 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got a one star review, on good reads.  And, I'm actually really secure about it. 

The reviewer stated they couldn't get past the sample, as the content was too disturbing.  I'm totally fine by this - it's a disturbing book.  That someone read the sample, and put it down as they couldn't get into it, is perfectly fine by me. 

What I'm pleased about, is that this is how I genuinely feel.  I'm not incensed, annoyed, upset or hurt.  I'm not pretending I'm not upset.  I actually smiled when I read the review.  Because it was an honest review, and I can utterly respect that person's viewpoint.

And I guess, that makes me a grown up.

And I'm pretty pleased to discover that.  Mostly, as before I published, I'd said a couple of time in here, and in other places, not to respond to bad reviews.  Just to let it pass by.  And I hoped I'd be able to. 

Well, I have.  Someone has said my book isn't worth finishing, as they really couldn't get into it.  And I'm genuinely fine with it. 

And I think that's worth celebrating.  :)

Trial by fire, and all that.  ;)

·
Registered
992 Posts
Thats a great attitude! And look at it this way, if you wrote it to be disturbing, and it clearly was to that reader, then you did a great job. Not you're fault they couldn't hang  ;D

·
Registered
942 Posts
Morgan Gallagher said:
Certainly. Just deposit £50 000 directly in to my bank account, and you'll receive full instructions.
Sure thing! After you purchase (*doing math in the evening iz hard*) 23,428 copies of my books from Amazon UK, I'll send it right over.

·
Registered
3,171 Posts
Morgan Gallagher said:
Certainly. Just deposit £50 000 directly in to my bank account, and you'll receive full instructions.
I see what you did there!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts