Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have a question for all of you JD Robb "in Death" fans. I'm up to book 4 now (Rapture in Death), but have read reviews that Roarke does something almost (?) "unforgivable" in the book. Before I read it, can someone send me a private message (so as not to publicly post any spoilers) to tell me what he does. I want to read the book, but I internalize things in such a way that I'd like to be mentally prepared for whatever it is he does before I actually encounter it in the book. I know I'm wimpy, but I deal better with intense situations in books and movies this way (knowing beforehand before "living" it within a book or movie). This probably doesn't make a bit of sense to anyone, but I don't know how else to explain it.  :-[

Thanks in advance.

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:
Hmmm. Don't remember anything "almost unforgivable" but then I'd forgive Roark anything...

Betsy
Betsy, I think it was something about him
getting rough with Eve
? I'm not sure if that's what he did that was unforgivable, but that may jog your memory a bit and might help you tell me if that was it, or something else.

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Could one of you please post this series in the order to read? I have them on my wish list. I think I read somewhere ??? in a thread how to get a series in order. Betsy do you remember how to do that? That is one thing I did use nownow for.  :(

Thanks

·
Registered
731 Posts
Series
In Death
1. Naked in Death (1995)
2. Glory in Death (1995)
3. Immortal in Death (1996)
4. Rapture in Death (1996)
5. Ceremony In Death (1997)
6. Vengeance in Death (1997)
7. Holiday in Death (1998)
8. Conspiracy in Death (1999)
9. Loyalty in Death (1999)
10. Witness in Death (2000)
11. Judgment in Death (2000)
12. Betrayal in Death (2001)
13. Seduction in Death (2001)
14. Reunion In Death (2002)
15. Purity in Death (2002)
16. Portrait in Death (2003)
17. Imitation in Death (2003)
18. Divided in Death (2004)
19. Visions in Death (2004)
20. Survivor in Death (2005)
21. Origin in Death (2005)
22. Memory in Death (2006)
23. Born in Death (2006)
24. Innocent in Death (2007)
25. Creation in Death (2007)
26. Strangers in Death (2008)
27. Salvation In Death (2008)
28. Ritual in Death (2008)
29. Promises in Death (2009)
30. Kindred in Death (2009)

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm still trying to wrap my brain around how she (Roberts) manages to produce two "in Death" books a year, plus her other books. I wish I had half her imagination and talent. Amazing.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
BookishMom said:
I have a question for all of you JD Robb "in Death" fans. I'm up to book 4 now (Rapture in Death), but have read reviews that Roarke does something almost (?) "unforgivable" in the book. Before I read it, can someone send me a private message (so as not to publicly post any spoilers) to tell me what he does. I want to read the book, but I internalize things in such a way that I'd like to be mentally prepared for whatever it is he does before I actually encounter it in the book. I know I'm wimpy, but I deal better with intense situations in books and movies this way (knowing beforehand before "living" it within a book or movie). This probably doesn't make a bit of sense to anyone, but I don't know how else to explain it. :-[

Thanks in advance.
BMom--

You can move your cursor over the black text and it will reveal what is there. This is the Spoiler block.

In this one, Roarke does something
HE thinks is unforgivable...but Eve doesn't; involving very rough sex that the villian "programs" them to do. Given her history he has a hard time forgiving himself. She spends the rest of the book trying to convince him that he hasn't ruined things between them

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Well Betsy I continue to learn from you, I didn't know that. How do you black it out?
As I have learned from everyone else here, LOL!

When you're typing your post, up above the text box, there's a line of text attribute boxes, B for Bold, I for Italic, etc. Look for the one, toward the right, that says SP with the P white on a black background. If you click on it you'll get [ spoiler][/spoiler ] and if you type your text between them, you'll get the black "Spoiler text box" like this
Made you look!

Betsy

·
Registered
508 Posts
ScottBooks said:
http://www.fantasticfiction.co.uk is the best site for finding series order out there...
Thank you so much for posting this link. (Anal person that I am, I find I must read things in order, and with the Kindle, it's sometimes difficult to identify the publication date.)

Actually, I believe this link to be useful enough that one of the moderators should "sticky" it for us.

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Thanks for the suggestion.  I think I'm going to create a sticky with useful sites for book lovers.  Getting too many stickies as it is...  Gotta leave room for your posts, LOL!

Betsy

1 - 20 of 26 Posts