Kindle Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

Registered
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, long story short, my name is being confused with a certain other infamous individual and I don't really want it polluting or confusing the brand I'm trying to create. It's not really a passing meme, and this individual will not be going away anytime soon, unfortunately. So, I'm dropping my name and going with my first and middle initial, plus last name.

I just want to make sure ahead of time nothing drastic will happen with the transition.

My FB page and mailing list, it should be easy enough to apprise them of the change.

I plan on a complete cover overhaul of my backlist, so new covers aren't going to be an issue.

I just want to make sure that updating my author name for current titles isn't going to reset my reviews or something crazy like that. That would be pretty devastating.

Any other things I should be aware of before pulling the trigger?

Registered
There is a possibility that KDP may drop you an email asking you about rights/copyright etc. But, if that did happen, I think they should be okay with it after an explanation. Only other thing is your author page at Author Central if you have one. You will probably need to contact them and ask them to remove the old page first, otherwise they might think another author is trying to hijack your books. Other than that, I don't foresee any issues.

Registered
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Kathy Dee said:
There is a possibility that KDP may drop you an email asking you about rights/copyright etc. But, if that did happen, I think they should be okay with it after an explanation. Only other thing is your author page at Author Central if you have one. You will probably need to contact them and ask them to remove the old page first, otherwise they might think another author is trying to hijack your books. Other than that, I don't foresee any issues.
Thanks for the response. Exactly the sort of info I was looking for.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts