Kindle Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Yes, I am a bookaholic and have the books to prove it.  I come from a family of readers.  Mom and Dad taught themselves to read English and read the local and major newspapers cover to cover every day that I could remember.  My bro and sis and I are all book readers.

I love various genres.  Used to be hooked on romances, but switched to all forms of mysteries from cozies to really "grossies" if that is a word!!  I also enjoy sci fi and supernaturals plus biographies, etc.  I have already picked up a lot of good suggestions from this site.

I have purchased, probably too many,books for my Kindle....does it really get heavier the more books I add or is that just my imagination???  ::)

I'm retired from our local community college after 28+ years so have more time to read.  I also enjoy needlework and crocheting.  Have also joined a local Sewing for Babies group that make things for preemies and infants that are in hospitals or who'se families need baby items.  I just learned how to crochet baby booties..LOL...I have also make chemo caps for donation to cancer patients.  Can't get around too well from arthritis in knees, but these projects can be done at home and add a lot of value to my retirement days.

I'm looking forward to joining the book clubs and hope to have something of value to add to the discussions.  Otherwise, I will enjoy reading everyones' perspectives!!!

BTW, my AVI is an actual picture of my kitty, Daisy.  I had this basket of sunflowers on this table and pulled it away from wall to vacuum.  Turned around and there she was posing, and held the pose till I got out my camera, loaded film and took several pictures....yes, she is more ham than kitty!!!

·
Registered
695 Posts
Welcome Daisy's momma, she sure is a pretty kitty!

I'm a crocheter too though I've not been doing much lately and really need to pick up my hook again so I can get some things done before Christmas.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thank you all for the warm welcomes.  Reading has always been a passion of mine so I already love this site!!

And being a proud mama, thank you for the praises for my baby....she really is a pretty kitty.  Calico but her colors are charcoal grey, coffee with cream beige and white...not the traditional calico orange, black and white.  But I will confess, she is very shy when you tell her she is a pretty kitty...she actually drops her head and hides her face like she almost could blush.  And yes, my kitties have been a passion of mine for years!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Angela said:
Where are you from Daisysmama? I am owned by a Lhasa Apso named Harley Davidson!
Angela, I'm from a small town (20,000) in the middle of Nebraska, about 85 miles west of Omaha. Have lived in Nebraska all my life and love it...even when it gets over 100 in the summer and BELOW zero in the winter..makes us tough!!!

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Angela said:
I have cousins in Omaha and loved visiting there in the summers as a kid.
Omaha is a fun town to visit and shop. Our little town lost their last bookstore a few years ago and Walmart is the only outlet for books locally. I always hit Borders and B/N in Omaha. I won't be going there for a while...with the economy, they have had a major breakout of purse snatchings and some crazy shootings in unexpected parts of town. Today was the memorial for the VonMaur Mall shootings..one year ago today.

having such easy access to d/l Kindle books without using gas or extra efforts to go out of town is a major plus for me.

·
Registered
447 Posts
Daisysmama said:
BTW, my AVI is an actual picture of my kitty, Daisy. I had this basket of sunflowers on this table and pulled it away from wall to vacuum. Turned around and there she was posing, and held the pose till I got out my camera, loaded film and took several pictures....yes, she is more ham than kitty!!!
Welcome Daisysmama! It's great to have you here and we look forward to your posts.
Pretty Avatar!! It's always nice when custom made.

Here's some name signatures made from our pet's pictures. The first one is a picture of my mother's cat. I took the picture in 2007.

The second one is my chihuahua Kia and the last one is my niece's cat Pip.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Thank you to everyone for the very warm welcome. What I am finding I like about this site is the variety of books that are discussed. I have friends that are hung up on one author only and will read only that author's works. I think that is such a waste with the various genre and so many good books available from so many great authors.

AVALON...I think your furry family members are really pretty. I love my kitties and they are the best for me. I do love dogs, but they are just too high maintenance for me, especially when I was still working. the traffic around my house is not good and I would never leave a pet outside to possibly get hurt. Especially when the neighbor's son down the way was selling drugs from their house. LOL

·
Registered
869 Posts
Welcome, Daisymama -

Please share some of your favorites reads here on the boards!

Glad you could join & as you found out, there are plenty of cat lovers here (and dogs and birds and ...)

Marci

1 - 19 of 19 Posts