Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
299 Posts
This is very cool. Some of the AMAs I've read over the years have been among the most interesting things I've ever read. Here's hoping you get some awesome questions.

·
Registered
8,104 Posts
Hugh Howey said:
Feel free to upvote the thing or ask a question.

http://www.reddit.com/r/IAmA/comments/1a7jxd/i_am_hugh_howey_the_author_of_the_selfpublished/

(David: This would be the most unromantic way POSSIBLE to ask for my hand in marriage. So feel free.)
Bigamy is not allowed in FL. You may have to move to Utah. ;) Modified: I do think cousins are okay, though.

HezBa said:
That's so exciting!!! I hope you get lots of interesting but non-invasive questions.

Good luck :D
Invasive-like if he's had a colonoscopy?

·
Registered
325 Posts
My undying respect if you answer everything with a question, a la Steve Carell hitting on Elizabeth Banks in the 40-Year-Old Virgin. And that scene was in a bookstore, so it totally works.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Interesting and informative discussion going on there, but I think the flight attendant should take him to the bathroom and wash his mouth out with soap!

Hey, Betsy! When you go to see Hugh, bring a bar of soap.  :p

·
Registered
386 Posts
LisaGraceBooks said:
Invasive-like if he's had a colonoscopy?
Ummmm possibly? I was thinking more along the lines of "My friend knew you in highschool and he said (something horrible or embarrassing) ..is that true?" or something else that crosses a line. That would probably be awkward.

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
Sorry, I don't moderate outside of KBoards. :D

Betsy
I see what's happening: the boy gets a little celebrity and suddenly he can get away with anything! ;)

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
Janet Michelson said:
I see what's happening: the boy gets a little celebrity and suddenly he can get away with anything! ;)
;D

Let him try it here...this boot is good for more than ankle stabilization.* ;)

vrabinec said:
That's a very stylish boot you have.

I'm such a freakin' dinosaur, I had to look up what Reddit was.
You're not the only one...and I'm glad Hugh defined AMA....

Betsy

*although I do accept bribes, and I hear he has a bit of money now...

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
I blame In-And-Out Burger....  ;D

I've heard so much about how good the burgers there are that on our recent trip to Hollywood, Hubby and I decided to walk to the nearest one to try it. (We'd had a big lunch.)  Caught the edge of one of those sidewalk tree hole thingies and sprained it.  And didn't think the burger was that great...  :mad:

Anyway, after four weeks, I thought I was still having too much swelling, so went to the doctor and got the boot.  :D

It's really just a blatant plea for sympathy.... :D

Betsy

·
Registered
1,081 Posts
Looks like any future walks would be "AMA" for you. In my previous life AMA stood for: Against Medical Advice. This generally meant a patient discharged himself from the ER or hospital without approval of the doctor.

Hope it heals up more quickly with that fancy boot on.

Wait 'til Hugh gets off the plane and sees we've totally hijacked his thread.  :D

·
Premium Member
63,460 Posts
vrabinec said:
Awww, you poor widdle baby! There, there. Want me to kiss it and make it better?
Ummmm....no. ;)

Janet Michelson said:
Looks like any future walks would be "AMA" for you.
Yeah, I'm gonna have the cabana boys carry me from place to place on KBoards....

Betsy

1 - 20 of 24 Posts