Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 59 Posts

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I finally ordered my K2 and opted for the free shipping. I've been compulsively checking my account and now it says my new baby will not ship until the tenth. That gives me plenty of time to order Kindle clothes and other accessories and I know the wait will so be worth it. I will be patient. I will. Honest. I will pass the time working on my new book, thinking up names for my K2, visiting Kindleboards, counting the tiles on my kitchen floor...

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
You willl love it and finally see what all the  todo is about.

·
Registered
5,481 Posts
I'm really patient in most circumstances, but I'd have never been able to opt for free shipping. Fortunately (on so many levels), my wonderful daughters and my husband gave me my Kindle 2 for Mother's Day. Since I wasn't expecting it at all, I was totally surprised and didn't have to agonize about the slow delivery time. (I'm sure my UPS man would be happy to know that he didn't have to be stalked by me. I'm one of those crazy people who check tracking information frequently when I'm anxiously awaiting a package.)

Glad to hear that your Kindle will be arriving soon. You'll love it!

·
Registered
75 Posts
Mine's not shipping until the tenth either and I have been checking the shipping status multiple times a day...ok ok multiple times and hour...and want to know why it's taking soooooo long...lol  I figured that for sure I would get home from work today and it will have said it shipped but nope it's still there waiting :(

·
Registered
472 Posts
I'm on kindle watch too!!! We can keep each other company. I ordered mine last night and had one day shipping!!! (can you tell how excited I am?? I couldn't wait for 5 days!!) Mine should arrive tomorrow, but I have not received an email stating it shipped yet.... :-\

·
Registered
75 Posts
bookfiend said:
Don't forget, you can download the owners manual to your computer, study up, and have no problems, because you already know how everything is suppose to work.
Really? Where do I get it? Where where where? Ok going to look but if I can't find it I'll be right back...lol

·
Super Moderator
67,559 Posts
Go to the Kindle product page and scroll down below the videos where the Technical Details are listed.  Near the bottom of that section is Documentation with links to PDF versions of the Quick Start Guide and User's Guide.

·
Registered
35 Posts
You left out "stalking the UPS delivery driver"...

thats the best comment i have ever read! because i really followed the ups guy when i happened to be going down my road at the same time he was, and i thought i may have missed him! lol! so i followed him to his next stop and asked him! WOW did he think i was nuts! lol

·
Registered
428 Posts
They are probably used to being stalked.  When my kindle came, I was working, but my husband had 3 days off.  He stalked every USPS truck he saw in the neighborhood trying to get my kindle.  Such a good man!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Stalking the UPS guy is part of the process. 
That behavior is totally normal and expected.
deb

·
Registered
75 Posts
I have 3 DTB's coming day after tomorrow..I tried to cancel them when I ordered my K2 but it was to late it had already processed...so technically I don't need to be so impatient since I will have more then enough to read before I can play with my new toy ....but I still want it right now!!!!

edited because proof reading should not be optional

1 - 20 of 59 Posts