Kindle Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I finally got around to taking advantage of the non-Amazon free books that we can download.  I downloaded Whiskey Sour, Funny in Farsi, and had Jumble Pie from forever ago all in PDF on my computer.  I saved as text then emailed them to my kindle and ...viola! There they are. 

I'm sort hesitant to USB books over to my kindle as I shorted out my computer simply plugging in my USB cable (thankfully I started on the CPU end and not the Kindle end...it makes me sick to think that I could've shorted out my Kindle!) and had to send it in for repair a few months ago-unbelievable enough it still had 3 months left of the 3 year warranty and I actually had enough of the paper work!

Anyway, I'm so excited to be able to take advantage of these other offers.  Thanks to everyone for the free books and the patience of the KB users in stepping me through things periodically. You all ROCK! 

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Good job, LibraryGirl. I like emailing things to my Kindle. Yes, I can use the USB cable but I am lazy. LOL.

L

·
Registered
182 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Can you send multiple attachments in one email to your kindle? I did each separately just in case, but it would be nice to know if it'll work.

·
Registered
599 Posts
I looked up Funny in Farsi on Amazon. I have family from and in Iran, so the subject definitely interests me. Thanks for the (albeit indirect) recommendation :)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Makes no difference on what format you send and you can send multiple books on one e-mail, they will come back in separate e-mails.

I use exclusively the usb cord and have had no problems - fingers crossed - knock on wood -

1 - 6 of 6 Posts