Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all,
Nice to meet you! I have been saving up and reading tons of reviews. I have decided that the Kindle Paperwhite 3G is the e-reader for me. I will be ordering it tomorrow! I am very excited, and very happy to have found this forum.

·
Super Moderator
67,396 Posts
KindleWatch!  "What's that?" you ask.  Let me explain.

But first: Congrats. . . I hope you love it. . . . I've had kindles since the very first one and this is, in my opinion, the best one.

Now. . .what you need to do. . . .once you order, you then obsessively check the "Manage Your Kindle" page to see when it shows there. Once it does, you can give it an interesting name -- though many feel like they have to have it in hand before renaming.  Until then it'll be called "Matt's Kindle." (assuming your name IS Matt ::) )  Once it is listed, you can start buying books and sending them to it and when you get it and get it on and activated, they'll download automatically!

THEN you obsessively check the orders page to see when it switches to shipping soon and. . .better yet. . . .shipped.

THEN you obsessively check the tracking to see when it's supposed to get to your doorstep.

And THAT is KindleWatch. :D

Oh, and 60,000 or so folks will obsess along with you. ;D

Welcome to the 'Boards and enjoy your Kindle. . . .let us know when you have it in hand.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ann,
Haha thanks! And yes, that is exactly what I am doing!!

·
Super Moderator
67,396 Posts
kindlematt said:
Ann,
Haha thanks! And yes, that is exactly what I am doing!!
Good. Then you'll fit right in here. ;D

·
Registered
267 Posts
Congratulations, kindlematt! My K3 is dying and I was going to pick up another one, but at the last second I decided to order another Paperwhite 3G as I have sooo many books.  :)  It's supposed to come tomorrow, so I'm on KindleWatch right along with you. PW is the best Kindle ever. You're really going to like it.

·
Registered
5,509 Posts
Welcome to Kindle Boards, kindlematt. Enjoy your Paperwhite! :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
Enjoy your new toy!

·
5,947 Posts
Welcome to Kindleboards!

Nothing beats the excitement of waiting for your first Kindle - you're gonna love it!

Do you know yet when it's due to be delivered?

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks all for the warm welcome! It should arrive Monday!

·
Registered
1,438 Posts
kindlematt said:
Thanks all for the warm welcome! It should arrive Monday!
Welcome and congrats!
Being a long time book reader here, I wasn't sure I'd like a Kindle. Now I won't be without at least a couple of them. It's getting to the point that if a book isn't available on a Kindle, then I don't need to read it.
Now comes the long weekend wait.... :)

·
Registered
754 Posts
It's so exciting, getting your first.  Hopefully being on Kindle Watch with everyone here will help the time pass. Don't forget to share your first impressions with us.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Wow, everyone here is so friendly! It arrives tomorrow (Monday in China).

·
Registered
785 Posts
kindlematt said:
Wow, everyone here is so friendly! It arrives tomorrow (Monday in China).
Yes! Everyone here are so friendly and helpful. Anytime you don't understand something about your Kindle, come to KB, and you'll almost always find your answer. There are plenty of reviews and comments that will simply suck you into the Kindle world (and I mean that in a good way)! Iknow you're going to love your Kindle. Please let us know when you get it, and tell us what you think of it!

·
Registered
1,948 Posts
Congrats! I love my paperwhite and have been very happy with it since day one. Loads of wonderful functions and fancy cover view option. It's really the best by far.

Oh and I'm kindlewatcher myself. I think I did nothing but mutter and pace the day mine (all of them) were due to arrive. Why does my house have to be the last on the list when my kindle is in route but my contacts show up bright and early? The post seriously needs to get their priorities straight.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts