Kindle Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My purpose for going is to connect with foreign agents to sell translation rights.  I have several appointments set already.  My question is, what else should I do there?
 
G

·
Make sure to mention your close, personal friendship with Hugh Howey to impress people.  8) :D

What I have done in the past when I was attending an event as an attendee and not a guest is have business cards ready with a free download link on the back. If your books are available on Smashwords, you can set up a discount code and have it printed on the back of the card. It is a nuanced way of offering someone a comp copy of your book without them feeling uncomfortable. And since London is a seriously B2B event, business cards would be more appropriate than the typical bookmarks or postcards authors use as handouts.

Other than that, just takes lots of pictures to share with us.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,614 Posts
If you have a Wednesday or Sunday night spare in London and are looking for something to do for entertainment- then I heartily recommend that you go and see The Comedy Store Players http://www.comedystoreplayers.com/

It won't help you to sell books, but it's a great night out! :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,361 Posts
My BFF Steena Holmes is going as well. She hit it big with her indie book Finding Emma. She's speaking on a few panels.  One with Mark Coker and Mark from Kobo. You should look her up. :)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,285 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Bards and Sages (Julie) said:
Make sure to mention your close, personal friendship with Hugh Howey to impress people. 8) :D

What I have done in the past when I was attending an event as an attendee and not a guest is have business cards ready with a free download link on the back. If your books are available on Smashwords, you can set up a discount code and have it printed on the back of the card. It is a nuanced way of offering someone a comp copy of your book without them feeling uncomfortable. And since London is a seriously B2B event, business cards would be more appropriate than the typical bookmarks or postcards authors use as handouts.

Other than that, just takes lots of pictures to share with us.
I'm having cards made now! And I will take tons of photos. Probably with me making goofy faces in most of them if I can manage it. That'll make a good impression.

Zelah Meyer said:
If you have a Wednesday or Sunday night spare in London and are looking for something to do for entertainment- then I heartily recommend that you go and see The Comedy Store Players http://www.comedystoreplayers.com/

It won't help you to sell books, but it's a great night out! :)
I'll keep that in mind!

Shalini Boland said:
KDP are going to be there at Booth V555 :)
I am all over that!!!

Vivi_Anna said:
My BFF Steena Holmes is going as well. She hit it big with her indie book Finding Emma. She's speaking on a few panels. One with Mark Coker and Mark from Kobo. You should look her up. :)
Yes. I need to do that. Thank you!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,636 Posts
Could you drop by Buckingham Palace and say "Hi" to the queen for me? ;)  Have a great time!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,200 Posts
Bards and Sages (Julie) said:
Make sure to mention your close, personal friendship with Hugh Howey to impress people. 8) :D
Sounds like this is your best bet. ;D

I'm jealous. I wish I was doing this.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
88 Posts
I envy you.  Have a pint!  I've provided services for a company in the UK for over 5 years now, but I've never been.  Oh, yeah, have fun :)
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Top