Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 76 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
736 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been trying to think of Kindle names and my ideas are just awful, pitiful actually.  Any ideas on how I can stir my imagination? 
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
libro said:
I've been trying to think of Kindle names and my ideas are just awful, pitiful actually. Any ideas on how I can stir my imagination?
You're Pre-Kindle, aren't you? When your baby arrives, and you hold that little gift from heaven (aka Amazon) for the first time, the name will come to you.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Before I got mine, I considered naming him Loc, for Library of Congress. Since I chose a name already, you're welcome to that one if it suits your Kindle.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,551 Posts
When I solicited Kindle name suggestions, I gave characteristics of my Kindle.  What type of books do you read?  Will you be 'stylin' your Kindle(skins, updated covers, custom screensavers, etc.)?  That sort of thing...

Hopefully that helps.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Be truly original. DON'T NAME IT AT ALL!

Machines need names like a fish needs a bicycle.
I'm sure somewhere in the vast oceans, there's one fish that is particularly convinced that he needs a bicycle.
 
G

·
Mikuto said:
I'm sure somewhere in the vast oceans, there's one fish that is particularly convinced that he needs a bicycle.
58 million people were convinced they needed Sarah Palin as our next vice-soon-soon-to-be-actual-president.

Didn't make them right.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
I had trouble coming up with a name so I referred to mine as Kindle with no name for about week. A wonderful lady on this site suggested I use that phrase to name my kindle thus Kwinn (Kindle with no name) was born!! Something will come, give it time. Vampyre named his kindled IT.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,384 Posts
libro said:
I've been trying to think of Kindle names and my ideas are just awful, pitiful actually. Any ideas on how I can stir my imagination?
I agree with some of the other posts, your kindle will name itself. All you need to do is give it some time. I had made a list (here I go again with the list fetish Angela) of names but after about 10 days Ruby named herself. I have tried changing it but she won't allow it. ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
679 Posts
Don't listen to BJ - Kindles need names.

One will come to you and it will be operfect... it just may take some time.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
58 million people were convinced they needed Sarah Palin as our next vice-soon-soon-to-be-actual-president.

Didn't make them right.
What's right got to do with it? ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
788 Posts
Nah, if I was, my question would have been "What's right got to do, got to do with it?"
 
G

·
Mikuto said:
Nah, if I was, my question would have been "What's right got to do, got to do with it?"
No, I was asking if you were a big Tina Turner fan. (see "Men's Adventure", confused people.)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
26,676 Posts
Bacardi Jim said:
Be truly original. DON'T NAME IT AT ALL!

Machines need names like a fish needs a bicycle.
We've seen your fish on a bicycle picture, which is actual proof that fish do ride bikes. And why would they ride bikes unless they needed them or liked them?
 
G

·
gertiekindle said:
We've seen your fish on a bicycle picture, which is actual proof that fish do ride bikes. And why would they ride bikes unless they needed them or liked them?
1) It wasn't my picture.
2) I already explained that fish don't need bicycles (despite that obviously fraudulent picture) because they have a wonderful bass-transit system.
 
1 - 20 of 76 Posts
Top