Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
that actually like the big buttons on the side.  I'm thinking of ordering the K2 but I would really miss those large buttons.
Gisele

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Anniehow said:
that actually like the big buttons on the side. I'm thinking of ordering the K2 but I would really miss those large buttons.
Gisele
I like the big buttons. I also like the blinky silver scroll bar and will be sad to see that go.

L

·
Registered
679 Posts
I like them... only complaint i ever had with the buttons was their wasn't a previous page on both sides.

·
Registered
103 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I understand why people don't like them, but I never taker her out of my Oberon.  I prop her up on the side in bed and I don't have to be real specific when turning the pages.  Wow, is that lazy or what?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I like them too. It's easier to find when I'm multitasking while reading!
Though I do wish the backbutton was at the top. I occasionally hit it while trying to turn a page and not looking :)  

theresam

·
Registered
136 Posts
I was actually thinking the same thing--big buttons can be a good thing.

And the silver scroll bar is rather nifty.

·
Registered
223 Posts
I adapted, and got used to the big side buttons.  So does anyone (I think) who uses it with any regularity.  So the big buttons were never a big issue with me.

I do have a problem with the scroll wheel.  My right thumb often develops painful cracks in the winter due to dryness.  When that happens, I have to put blobs of Eucerin on it and wrap it up tightly to keep it moisturized.  Scrolling that wheel becomes a bit of a problem, but so does typing on my computer! 

But I'm not planning on moving up to K2 till my K1 dies. 

·
Registered
1,888 Posts
sailorman said:
I'm in the "big button, silver scroll bar club." :D

I love my Kindle and will not be upgrading. I am totally satisfied with it.

However, the new Kindle is really snazzy. I think lightning struck twice.

My wife is getting the new Kindle and she is thrilled, and I am really happy for her. I think she will really enjoy it.

I hope my 1st gen will be around and still in great shape long after Amazon has released K5 - 6- or 7. As long as mine works I'll just keeep using it. I love to read and the Kindle is absolutely wonderful.
I'm in the same boat...love my Kindle 1...had it since Dec 25th. I can't part with it.

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Yes, I'm in the club too.  Love the big buttons once I got used to them.  Can't remember the last time I pressed one accidentally, but when I'm reading, I love that I can hit it just about anywhere.  Eleanor won't let me upgrade, but I can't help but believe that the K2 is evidence of Amazon's commitment to the Kindle, which can only be good for all of us.  I will only upgrade when Eleanor can't be repaired or when there's some feature of the K? that I can't live without, which hasn't happened with this version.

Betsy

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Me too, Me too - I like the big buttons, and use the top, bottom and middle of the next page on the right side just because I can, LOL, and I have finally figured out how the back button works and use it a lot too

8)

·
Registered
615 Posts
Eclectic Reader said:
I do have a problem with the scroll wheel. My right thumb often develops painful cracks in the winter due to dryness. When that happens, I have to put blobs of Eucerin on it and wrap it up tightly to keep it moisturized. Scrolling that wheel becomes a bit of a problem, but so does typing on my computer!

But I'm not planning on moving up to K2 till my K1 dies.
The new 5-way click controller is said to be quite stiff, and you would have to use it to go left right up down etc and I imagine it is quite precise. So, more work.

BUT, you can go direct to the word for dictionary lookup and you can go direct to a link,
so there would be less need to be pressing that button over and over again with clumsy processes.

However, it is SMALLER than the current scroll-wheel.

I will be waiting and keeping my Kindle 1, bought in August. And I love the SD card capability for organization.

HOWEVER, mine was purchased in August. So, if it FAILS before next August, it is waranteed and then I would get a Kindle2 at that point.

So I will wait. The one big draw for me is the 16-shades of gray (and speed) because I am very into photographs looking like photographs instead of 1980-style dot combinations.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
Anniehow said:
that actually like the big buttons on the side. I'm thinking of ordering the K2 but I would really miss those large buttons.
Gisele
I like my big buttons too. I wish they had used a very similar case design with a few tweaks instead of the new design.

·
Registered
175 Posts
Me too! And I LOVE the silver slinky thing. I do agree that it would be nice to have a page back on both sides...

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
sailorman said:
I'm in the "big button, silver scroll bar club." :D

I love my Kindle and will not be upgrading. I am totally satisfied with it.

However, the new Kindle is really snazzy. I think lightning struck twice.

My wife is getting the new Kindle and she is thrilled, and I am really happy for her. I think she will really enjoy it.

I hope my 1st gen will be around and still in great shape long after Amazon has released K5 - 6- or 7. As long as mine works I'll just keeep using it. I love to read and the Kindle is absolutely wonderful.
My sentiments exactly. I love my Kindle - love the silver scroll bar, love the big bars that let me reach up & press them any old where (almost).

I do like the K2 as well - my husband does also (reminds him of something from Star Trek). But there won't be any upgrading here - ours are perfectly functional, and until that changes, we'll keep on reading on them happily. (I'd still like to have the folders option, though....)

·
Registered
5,981 Posts
Glad to know that I am not the only one who doesn't like how small everything is on the K2. I like my big buttons. It took me all of 5 minutes to figure out how to hold Tavar and avoid hitting the buttons. It never struck me as all that difficult.

1 - 20 of 31 Posts