Kindle Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
72 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When I first started downloading some of the offerings that were free, I must admit I was skeptical about the quality of the writing. I finished "Waiting for Spring" last week and was amazed that the author was giving away such an incredible novel for free. I feared that it was a one off that I wouldn't enjoy anything else that I had downloaded. I started "Life, Love and a Polar Bear Tattoo" at around 11 pm in order to help me fall asleep. At 4 am this morning, I finished the book and now can add a new author to my list of "wanted". It's so refreshing to read a story from a point of view that you've never experianced but due to the author's incredible gift of writing, I felt the heartache of Candice and rooted for her to make all the right decisions. I think I was especially thrilled by the book because it's local is here in Toronto and from all the descriptions I believed the author has intimate knowledge of my own neighbourhood. Below is the link to where you can download the book. I hope you enjoy it as much as I did even though I'm exhausted here at work this morning:)
http://www.heatherwardell.com/polarbear.shtml

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Thanks for your review of this book. I had downloaded it last week but haven't gotten to it yet. Sometimes I'm leery about new authors but at the same time I'm glad because I wouldn't normally picked up some of the books that I have.

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Just dl'd.  Thanks for the link.
deb

·
Registered
3,391 Posts
Thanks for the info. I dl'd and will give it a try. Sounds very interesting.

·
Registered
496 Posts
Neekeebee said:
I second the recommendation. I read this a while back over the course of a couple of days on my exercise bike. The book kept me reading, guessing, and pedaling away.

N :)
I didn't think I was going to enjoy it. I liked the storyline, but some of it just seemed too underdeveloped. I almost gave up on it, but I'm glad I didn't as it did get better.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts