Kindle Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
But I'm so happy to be here! ;D

I've been lurking for a few weeks, hoping that for Christmas I might get a Kindle and then I could join here. But I realized what the heck, these people are nice and they'll let me associate with them even if I'm not like them, so I registered. 8) It's great to finally be a part of the group and hopefully in about a week a I will become a full-fledged member of the club. I'm hoping I don't blow it during hazing week, but I think I'm up for it. :D

I'm a SAHM to my three lovelies. I work a lot at my children's school, love to cook and am a chronic reader. I'm also a music-aholic, play the piano, sing, write a bit.

My Kindle history - isn't this what counts here! ;) I first heard about the Kindle before it came out and knew I wanted one. But IMO it was too expensive to even dream about so I didn't consider getting one. One day this Fall, late Sept-early Oct, Amazon put the Kindle on my homepage so I took a look. I think I've been back to look at it everyday since. Amazon is not stupid.

When Oprah came out with her deal I forwarded an email about the deal to Mr. KM with the word Christmas typed at the top of the page. I think he got me one. :eek: I'm not sure but about a week later there was a box delivered to our home that would be the right size that I didn't see again once it I put it on his desk. So I'm hopeful and if I don't get one for Christmas, I have one on order that will arrive in Feb. 8) Yes, I'm sneakly like that. At first I was going to wait until after Christmas to place the order, just in case Mr. KM got me one, but the delivery time got later and later so I just stuck that puppy in my shopping cart and it is now in order limbo.

And besides, by Feb this household will need another K, don't you think? :-\

So within two months I will be a Kindle owner. I can't wait for the swearing-in to your club. :D

-KindleMom

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
Hi  glad your here  don't worry the time will fly  and before you know it you'll have your kindle, and everyone here will help you through the long wait.

·
Registered
780 Posts
Welcome KindleMom. While you are waiting you can have lots of fun here and pick out accessories and books to download and so much more!

Lynn L

·
Registered
869 Posts
Hello, KindleMom-

We love "swearing in" wannabe members  ;D

First, though, you have to join the Official I'm Waiting thread so that when the time draws near, Kindle Watch can start.

Keeping my fingers crossed that your hopes come true,

Marci

·
Registered
552 Posts
Hi KindleMom!

Look at it this way.  You'll likely have more knowledge about the Kindle before it arrives than someone like me who stared at the box for a full day before opening it  ;D

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Hey KindleMom, welcome!

Yes, if your husband likes to read, you will probably need another Kindle by February. My daughter and I tried to share...that plan lasted all of two weeks! LOL

Valentine's gifts are always nice  ;D

L

·
Registered
860 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks for the warm welcome!

Mr. KM called me this morning. He'd been in meetings all morning and was reading about the Kindle to kill the time.  You know, some meetings you're only there as a courtesy?  ;)  He said, "That thing is so cool!  I didn't know it could read ____ files and ____ files.  And play mp3s, and you'll probably be able to view your google calendar..."  You know the drill.  So if he didn't get me one, we're for sure keeping the Feb one.  I'm glad he's more excited about it now. 

I'm sure we'll be glad we have two if it works out that way. :D

I think he thought it would be like the WiiFit.  I had to have that for my birthday because it looked so cool.  And it is.  But I only use it about once every two weeks.  But the Kindle will go with me where I go.  It's kinda tough to put a WiiFit in your purse, you know?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Both Jan (ScrappingForever) and I have Kindles. But you know what? Even if your DH didn't get you one (in which case you should divorce him and kick him outta the house), you'd still be quite welcome here - KindleBoards is about people. The Kindles are just the icing on the cake.  8)

·
Registered
869 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
Both Jan (ScrappingForever) and I have Kindles. But you know what? Even if your DH didn't get you one (in which case you should divorce him and kick him outta the house), you'd still be quite welcome here - KindleBoards is about people. The Kindles are just the icing on the cake. 8)
Well said!

Marci

1 - 11 of 11 Posts