Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
When we were married in 1978 a song was sung at our wedding that had been sung at my parent's wedding in 1957.  The copy of the music we had was lost and I have tried to find it for years.  I have done all the internet searches I can come up with and it is apparently no longer published or included in any music books/hymnals I can find.  Here is what I know:

-The title of the song is "Together" (unfortunately not an uncommon title)

-The first lines of the song are "Together we will walk life's untried ways. Together face with joy each new born day."

-The organist who originally chose the music played for a Nazarene church in Greensboro, North Carolina and the song was supposedly in their hymnal. The church no longer exists and the organist died many years ago.

KBers have been so good at finding things no one else can that I thought I would throw this out here and see what you can come up with.

·
Registered
3,466 Posts
Ask The Hooded Claw.  he is the king of finding music!

We have a Church of the Nazarene here.  Do you think if I called there, they might know it?  Sorry, I don't know if that's a particular "breed" of church, or just a name.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
So far I've managed to find someone, I'm assuming you, asking the question back in 2008 ;)  Will keep looking though.

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
spotsmom said:
Ask The Hooded Claw. he is the king of finding music!

We have a Church of the Nazarene here. Do you think if I called there, they might know it? Sorry, I don't know if that's a particular "breed" of church, or just a name.
I have called some Nazarene churches to check their hymnals and haven't had any luck. According to my mother, the organist was someone they "hired" to play at their wedding since she had played for the wedding of a friend. My folks still had a copy when we got married and DHs aunts who sang it as a trio at our wedding had misplaced it by the time we got home from the honeymoon - never to be seen again.

Scheherazade said:
So far I've managed to find someone, I'm assuming you, asking the question back in 2008 ;) Will keep looking though.
Thanks Scheherazade, I have asked on a couple of music sites in the past, but didn't think I had asked here before.

·
Registered
2 Posts
When we were married in 1978 a song was sung at our wedding that had been sung at my parent's wedding in 1957. The copy of the music we had was lost and I have tried to find it for years. I have done all the internet searches I can come up with and it is apparently no longer published or included in any music books/hymnals I can find. Here is what I know:

-The first lines of the song are "Together we will walk life's untried ways. Together face with joy each new born day."

-The organist who originally chose the music played for a Nazarene church in Greensboro, North Carolina and the song was supposedly in their hymnal. The church no longer exists and the organist died many years ago.

KBers have been so good at finding things no one else can that I thought I would throw this out here and see what you can come up with.

·
Registered
2 Posts
If you are still looking for this song, I might be able to help. I just saw your post today. These words are not the beginning of the song, they are from the chorus. I sang this at a friend's wedding many years ago, and I think it was published in a series of books by Singspiration called Favorites, possibly number two in the series. I'll see whether I can locate it in my stash and could possibly send it as a photo if you are still interested.
[email protected]
When we were married in 1978 a song was sung at our wedding that had been sung at my parent's wedding in 1957. The copy of the music we had was lost and I have tried to find it for years. I have done all the internet searches I can come up with and it is apparently no longer published or included in any music books/hymnals I can find. Here is what I know:

If you are you are still looking for the song Together, I found it. It wasn't in the Favorites book like I thought but in a book called New Songs by Alfred B. Smith, copyright 1949. The authors of the song, Together, are Avis B. Christianson and Eleanor M. Harris. As for copyright, it may be in the public domain by now and I could probably send a photo if you would like it. [email protected].

·
Registered
9,468 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
If you are still looking for this song, I might be able to help. I just saw your post today. These words are not the beginning of the song, they are from the chorus. I sang this at a friend's wedding many years ago, and I think it was published in a series of books by Singspiration called Favorites, possibly number two in the series. I'll see whether I can locate it in my stash and could possibly send it as a photo if you are still interested.
[email protected]
I'm not sure how you ran across this post of mine from 10 years ago, but I do continue to look for sheet music, a hymnal page, etc. of this song! I would be grateful to receive even a photocopy.

I have all the Singspiration Favorites volumes and have played from them for many, many years, so I knew it was not from there. Since your 2nd post, I have searched for a New Songs hymnal/songbook as well as searching the names of the authors of the song, and have not come up with anything, so for you to have a copy in your possession is just fantastic.

If you need information from me, I prefer we take messages to private conversation. Thank you so, so much for responding to this 10-year old post.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts