Kindle Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
3,305 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just spent about 6 hours finalizing all of my expense reports, income reports etc. from everything I DO as me, the author, web entrepreneur, ebook marketer, and ebook formatter. 2,000+ Paypal transactions to individually code.

Never again.

Friday, my first order of business is to categorize everything for 2013 so far in Quickbooks. This way I have a clear monthly P/L sheet. I lost about 34% of my yearly income to expenses. I can DEFINITELY do better than that this year by keeping a better eye on the cash flow.

No, I didn't mess anything up, I ended up with a positive balance for the year even after my owner's draws, but this year just erring on the side of caution and not being meticulous about every penny spent on software or tech manuals or office supplies is not going to happen.

In other news, I DO feel all giddy inside that I get to make goals etc. and stick to them and have REAL data to compare....

·
Registered
418 Posts
The power of Microsoft Excel :)

But seriously that's one of the things that makes it real- we're not just writing stories, we're running a business and we're all the freaking CEO of our own little businesses. What better advertising for self publishing than to say that it makes us all CEOs!!

1 - 2 of 2 Posts