Kindle Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I play bridge, and I can't even imagine bridge books on my k2. You may all disagree, but that's neither here nor there.  The question is:  There are some bridge books I want in the paper version. When I order them, should I order thru kindle boards so they get the credit, or does it not count since it's paper?

Thanks

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Paper counts. Everything but e-books counts.

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Yes, it's ironic! Amazon doesn't offer commissions on ebook sales, but it does offer commission on pretty much everything else purchased after you get to Amazon through a KindleBoards link. Thanks for asking.

·
Registered
4,076 Posts
I'm betting it has to do with the supposed small return they get (or even loss some say) on some ebooks, particularly top sellers.  That's the only reason I can see for it.  Either that or it's still such a volatile market and they want to see how sales are doing without having to take into account referers payouts.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks for your responses.  I feel really bad now because I just bought myself a Creative Zen and didn't even think. . .Just assumed that it wasn't a kindle book.  Should have asked.

I like this board and would like to support it.

·
Registered
1,527 Posts
Scheherazade said:
I'm betting it has to do with the supposed small return they get (or even loss some say) on some ebooks, particularly top sellers. That's the only reason I can see for it. Either that or it's still such a volatile market and they want to see how sales are doing without having to take into account referers payouts.
Its not like they pay a lot of commision for e-book orders. Most commisions on e-books will be in the cents, so it shouldn't impact their bottom line at all or make it complicated in any way.

·
Registered
6,231 Posts
And apparently Kindle Boards also gets a commission for gift cards.  So a lot of folks have started purchasing gift cards through the link and using that as a fund to purchase Kindle books.

·
Registered
1,039 Posts
I have been looking for quite some time at the small TVs at Amazon. I want one when out on the deck or if I want to catch the news while in the kitchen, etc. I got an e-mail that the one I've been eyeing was on sale today only.

I started to purchase it through the e-mail link & then I remembered that I had not gone through KBs first. So I deleted it, came here, clicked on the Amazon link & made the purchase. I would have been upset if I had forgotten that. Amazon gets plenty of money from me - they can share a little bit of it here.

This is what I am treating myself to:

Axion AXN-8701 7-Inch Widescreen Portable Handheld TV with Built-In Tuner (Black)

·
Registered
2,111 Posts
One time I forgot to order something through Kindleboards and I felt terrible. I even made a new thread and asked if there was someway I could email amazon and let them know to give Kb's the commission. Now I make sure I link everything thru the board even if I am sure about the commission or not. I figure it can't hurt either way just to click on amazon thru Kb.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
And if you really feel a need to contribute to KindleBoards, don't forget about the "Donate" button at the bottom of every page, a quick PayPal way to help.

·
Registered
703 Posts
koolmnbv said:
One time I forgot to order something through Kindleboards and I felt terrible. I even made a new thread and asked if there was someway I could email amazon and let them know to give Kb's the commission. Now I make sure I link everything thru the board even if I am sure about the commission or not. I figure it can't hurt either way just to click on amazon thru Kb.
Thanks for informing me of, yet, another way to support KB. I did not realize that purchasing through Amazon via KB would help support this blog. I will remember to purchase everything through KB from now on.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Barbara M said:
I play bridge, and I can't even imagine bridge books on my k2. You may all disagree, but that's neither here nor there. The question is: There are some bridge books I want in the paper version. When I order them, should I order thru kindle boards so they get the credit, or does it not count since it's paper?

Thanks /quote]

Barbara M: I bet you could learn all about Bridge via a Kindle Book. I am learning Spanish and may download another book on Opening Chess Moves to be able to win more games against my hubby.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts