Kindle Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
2,274 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm not sure how I've managed not to get any apps for the kindle.  Are they easy enough to use once you get them?  And what are you all time favorite, can't live without apps?

·
Super Moderator
67,442 Posts
They're relatively new -- look for anything labeled "active content".  Many are games but there are also some note-keeping, calendar, and contact apps. . . .check the threads in this section. . . . .lots to try out.

·
Registered
1,090 Posts
Amazon's released something like eight different games for the Kindle which you can try out for free.

Shuffled Row
Every Word
BlackJack
Video Poker
Threadwords
Number Slide
Pirate Stash (first 15 levels)
Pixel Perfect

There's also a few fitness applications, and word-processing tools like "Sticky Notes" and "WordPad". Most of them are basic utilities -- like educational flashcards for kids, and some to help you learn a foreign language. The one I might actually supposedly offered the calories in any fast food meal -- but I haven't gotten around to trying it yet.

Here's a complete list.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/bestsellers/digital-text/2534114011/ref=bt_atcg_mine_mm?pf_rd_m=ATVPDKIKX0DER&pf_rd_s=center-2&pf_rd_r=0S41K5T2GDJM53FB39PH&pf_rd_t=101&pf_rd_p=1294877302&pf_rd_i=2534114011

·
Registered
421 Posts
I have the NotePad, which has come in handy, in addition to a couple of the free word games.
I also like the NYT Crosswords books, even though working the puzzles eats up battery life.

·
Registered
14 Posts
Hello there - If you like Sudoku, try either our Sudoku Unbound #1 or Mad About Sudoku eBooks. The Mad About Sudoku is only $0.99 and has 33 "easy" puzzles, while Sudoku Unbound ($2.99) includes 100 puzzles and you can choose easy, medium or hard in the settings for the eBook. Sudoku Unbound is one of the most highly rated apps on the Kindle, so check 'em out!

Here's a link to Mad About Sudoku: Mad About Sudoku #1

And here's one to Sudoku Unbound: Sudoku Unbound #1

P.S. If you buy one and like it, a quick review on Amazon is much appreciated. Thanks!

·
Registered
292 Posts
i just heard about "FREE AccuWeather Kindle App". i haven't try but i saw that its free.
i would let you know after my download.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts