Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm heading to NYC with my wife and two younger daughters in the morning. My brother-in-law and his wife just had a baby boy, so we're going to meet the new nephew.

They live in Brooklyn, so we'll be staying out there. We have a couple of fun things planned - like walking across the Brooklyn Bridge. And, we have tickets to Wicked, which I'm really excited about.

I was last in New York in Aug 2001, when I was there with my wife for a human services conference. We have a lot of fond and poignant memories of that trip.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Have a great trip Harvey but don't forget the hints!  Chat room is not the best if we can't get there ARGHHHH

However I did find #2 ;D

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Anju! I or one of our other Mods will keep the hints coming... and they won't all be chatroom hints.

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Safe travels Harvey to you and family. When you get to Brooklyn, face south and wave towards Staten Island :)) Wicked was awesome...my birthday present to myself. If you can...on Saturday mornings, they hold a Behind the Curtain tour. It's a tour that I'm planning to take DD to when the weather gets a bit nicer. Have fun and congrats on the new nephew!

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Look for this, Harvey. It's outside Heath Ledger's (former) home in Brooklyn. His birthday is April 4th. Just a nice tribute...

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Quite a few of the posts said to "be safe"...  You would definitely be safe if you wore your helmet cam  :)

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
chynared21 said:
Safe travels Harvey to you and family. When you get to Brooklyn, face south and wave towards Staten Island :)) Wicked was awesome...my birthday present to myself. If you can...on Saturday mornings, they hold a Behind the Curtain tour. It's a tour that I'm planning to take DD to when the weather gets a bit nicer. Have fun and congrats on the new nephew!
Thanks chynared! We'll be on the Staten Island ferry so look for me waving from there! :)

I saw Wicked at the Pantages in Los Angeles, and just loved it. "For Good" is one of my all-time favorite songs. I can't wait for my wife and daughters to see it.

·
Registered
1,578 Posts
Enjoy the trip and congrats on the new addition to the family!!

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Leslie said:
Look for this, Harvey. It's outside Heath Ledger's (former) home in Brooklyn. His birthday is April 4th. Just a nice tribute...

Thanks, Leslie. You inspired me to google a bit about that - it seems that Heath tried to live a regular, non-ostentatious life when he was in his home in Brooklyn - just doing normal neighbourly things without an entourage around him all the time. From what his neighbours write, he came across as a normal guy and not the big movie-star type. Pretty impressive for an A-list actor.

·
Registered
690 Posts
Congrats on the new nephew.  The trip sounds awesome.  I've never been to NYC, but I've always wanted to go.  I'm thinking about trying to go sometime next year if I can get the money together.  If I do, Wicked is definitely at the top of the to do list.

·
Super Moderator
67,323 Posts
I second kim's vote that you wear the Helmet cam. . . . ;D

Ann

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Harvey said:
Thanks chynared! We'll be on the Staten Island ferry so look for me waving from there! :)

I saw Wicked at the Pantages in Los Angeles, and just loved it. "For Good" is one of my all-time favorite songs. I can't wait for my wife and daughters to see it.
Woo hoo...make sure when you're on the SI side to look at the two aquariums that are now in the terminal. They've got some funky looking fish...so pretty and relaxing to look at. I'll wave as you're passing through :)

Also, if you're going to hunt down the area that Michelle and Matilda still live in...head to the Downtown Atlantic Bakery on Atlantic Avenue. It's where Heath used to take Matilda every week for a cupcake. They make the most amazing Red Velvet cupcake and they are huge...you could share one among 4 people because they are so rich. You could actually grab a quick lunch there as well. Take plenty of pictures :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
chynared21 said:
Woo hoo...make sure when you're on the SI side to look at the two aquariums that are now in the terminal. They've got some funky looking fish...so pretty and relaxing to look at. I'll wave as you're passing through :)

Also, if you're going to hunt down the area that Michelle and Matilda still live in...head to the Downtown Atlantic Bakery on Atlantic Avenue. It's where Heath used to take Matilda every week for a cupcake. They make the most amazing Red Velvet cupcake and they are huge...you could share one among 4 people because they are so rich. You could actually grab a quick lunch there as well. Take plenty of pictures :)
Man, that sounds wonderful! I'll put it on my to do list if for when I get back to New York...

L

1 - 20 of 63 Posts