Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter #1
...who specializes in writing about indestructible female warriors.

That's because I'm one of then only ones. (Know of any more?)

G

·
Discussion Starter #3
Now if I can just reach my audience, I'll have a near monopoly.

I'm already (in)famous on Baen's Bar for this and got banned from Absolute Write over a related argument so that's a start! ;D

G

·
Discussion Starter #6
Quiss said:
O yeah?
Well, my redhead has a gun that goes "pew pew". Let's see your lady's sword beat that!
'Indestructible' meaning 'can take buttloads upon buttloads of damage' not 'has necessarily the most offensive output'. ;D

Then again, the MC of the Gothic Warrior series does tank 4 assault rifle shots like nothing in the next sequel and she's not top-end compared to some of the other heroines in more high-powered worlds... though still one of the top tier fighters in hers.

They are truly... as Baen editor Edith Maor has commented time and time again... IRON WOMEN. :p

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
glutton said:
'Indestructible' meaning 'can take buttloads upon buttloads of damage' not 'has necessarily the most offensive output'. ;D

Then again, the MC of the Gothic Warrior series does tank 4 assault rifle shots like nothing in the next sequel and she's not top-end compared to some of the other heroines in more high-powered worlds... though still one of the top tier fighters in hers.

They are truly... as Baen editor Edith Maor has commented time and time again... IRON WOMEN. :p
Edith is a sweetie. I used to post over at Baen's years ago. It used to be possible to learn a lot posting there.

Being banned from You Know Where is practically a requisite for posting on the café though.

G

·
Discussion Starter #12
smreine said:
I'd pit Elise from my urban fantasy series against your heroine any day.
I never said my heroines were the most powerful in terms of being able to beat anyone in a fight, Wonder Woman would own all of them at once for example... when I say indestructible I'm just talking about sheer damage soak without the benefits of instant healing or anything like that.

If that's what you're talking about too, carry on...

·
Registered
568 Posts
You know you guys ought to start a trivia game like that. The Dragon Ball Z of MC's. A virtual battle arena to see who's MC is more badass haha. I'll totally read about that! XD

·
Registered
385 Posts
Although she's a major supporting character and not a protag, Elaina can use the powers of water and wind, including throwing bolts of ice and freezing / boiling people's blood from the inside. She's a kind-hearted person though, so she won't do that unless you really tick her off  ;D

·
Registered
1,442 Posts
glutton said:
Oh no the typo police have arrived! :-[
Nope, not the typo police. Never have been, never will be. However, "I'm the only one" is what Tigger says at the end of his little song about Tiggers. This connection brought to you by raising three little girls who loved Pooh, and particularly, Tigger.

·
Registered
16,323 Posts
glutton said:
Why 'used to?'
Only "used to" because I don't know what it's like now. I haven't been over there in a couple of years so I can't say if that's still true. It may well be and there are some fantastic and amazingly helpful people associated with Baen's.

·
Registered
203 Posts
I have a fairly tough female lead. A Gladiatrix specializing in life magic, daring attacks, and playing the crowd. At one point a rival snares her with a metallic net covered in sharp barbs, which she proceeds to pull off (I wont get into how bloody that would be) and turn the tables on her enemy.

I have another female character who would keep throwing herself in front of an rather hefty war-cleaver wielded by a monstrous ogre (shield first) to block his shots and keep him from scoring in another match, getting batted around like a baseball.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts