Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 26 Posts

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I received my MyPoints Amazon gift certificates a couple of days ago, and registered them into my Amazon account- so I now have $150 just sitting there.......

Waiting for me to order my Kindle.
So even though I'm traveling right now, I've decided that now would be the time to take the plunge (with free shipping)!

So wish me luck, and keep your fingers crossed that it gets delivered before I go to NYC next month...

I've got butterflies!

UPDATE!

Amazon wasn't supposed to ship it until the 17th, and I got notification this morning that it has already shipped!!
USPS of course, but at least it's on it's way.... The post office has no record of it, but in the Amazon 'where's my stuff' page it's been started on it's journey. I'll be checking it out multiple times daily!!!

I want it NOW!!!!!!!

·
Registered
918 Posts
Wow, that's a lot of points! Congratulations on your kindle!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Congratulations.  So which K are you ordering?
deb

·
Registered
3,992 Posts
Congratulations. I got the free shipping, too, and I'm still waiting for it to arrive, though it has shipped (two days ago). I keep running to the door thinking I hear the UPS truck and it's always a false alarm.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
drenee said:
Congratulations. So which K are you ordering?
deb
I went with the K2 because I want it with me EVERYWHERE- and the DX is too cumbersome for me to carry with me. The DX would be good for DH or around the house, but the books I read don't have the graphics that would be optimized in the DX.

So Junior Kindle for me...... maybe a DX later on for Hubby!

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
Good for you.  Let us know when it's shipped.  We love Kindlewatch!!
deb

·
Registered
460 Posts
Good for you, and congratulations; I think you'll be extremely happy with your purchase, and you have a great community to share your impressions with. :)

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Congratulations, you will love it.

·
Registered
3,457 Posts
Congrats!!!! 

So much patience from all of you who use the free shipping.  I can't wait for stuff like that--it's two-day at best and overnight if it's something I REALLY want.  :D  Thanks heavens for Amazon Prime!

·
Registered
534 Posts
For some reason when I saw this thread's topic I got an overwhelming urge to call for pizza.  ;D

Yay, *Flower*!  I'm so excited for you.  Keep us posted during your kindle watch.

·
Registered
126 Posts
LCEvans said:
Congratulations. I got the free shipping, too, and I'm still waiting for it to arrive, though it has shipped (two days ago). I keep running to the door thinking I hear the UPS truck and it's always a false alarm.
lol this is how I was when I was waiting for mine to be delivered. I had it overnighted and incurred (over time) like $105 in overdraft charges on my bank account because I couldn't be patient. Gotta say, though, it was worth it.

·
Registered
75 Posts
VictoriaP said:
Congrats!!!!

So much patience from all of you who use the free shipping. I can't wait for stuff like that--it's two-day at best and overnight if it's something I REALLY want. :D Thanks heavens for Amazon Prime!
I chose the free shipping for my K2 and once it finally shipped from Amazon it only took 2 days to get here from UPS.

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Wow, that's fast shipping!

I ended up ordering it this morning, because I got the dreaded 'IE has encountered a problem and needs to close" message right after I added it to my shopping cart.

I did get a netbook warranty at SquareTrade at 40% off though- because DH ordered me one of those for my birthday and I didn't want to spend the $$ on their warranty. I saved $40 on it.........  ;D

I plan on getting my Kindle warrantied with them also, but am waiting for it to arrive before doing so. I have a code for 20% off- wish it were more, but oh well.......

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
See update in first post!!

It's due to arrive (sez them) on Monday June 22.

I still want it NOW!!!

·
Registered
117 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
WELL!!!

I hardly had time to go on Kindle Watch......

I ordered it last Friday, and it arrived TODAY!!!
It's now getting charged, and I've already turned off the Whispernet. Haven't bought any books yet, but I have a whole list of free ones to choose from.

I found it in the mailbox when I got home from work/workout- and very patiently waited for DH to get home so that we could open the box together.

AND, the best part is that I can get familiar with it before taking it to NYC next month!!
Now if I could make that 30% off code at SquareTrade work for my warranty.........

1 - 20 of 26 Posts