Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 44 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I purchased my Dad a Kindle for Christmas after a suggestion from a friend who thought it would be good for him as he is an avid reader whose vision is not what it used to be.  After he opened it and I spent a few moments getting it set up for him, I found myself overcome with envy and ordered another for myself.  Fortunately, the refurbished ones seem to last a bit longer after Christmas and I found one the next day!

It arrived yesterday and I've been busy playing around with it.  I started with the New York Times and Romeo Dallaire's depressing but fascinating Shake Hands with the Devil.  Everything was going just fine until I saw a link here from the Amazon forums.

Now I've discovered that my Kindle is naked and somehow or another buying a cover that is almost as expensive as the Kindle seems perfectly reasonable.  I haven't decided if I should thank you guys or curse you.  ???
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,879 Posts
Hello SouthernGent and welcome to KindleBoards!  Yes, you will have to be careful around here... look out for Betsy!! She will have your kindle all decked out before you know it! lol ;D


J/K Betsy... you know I love you!!  ;)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
76 Posts
Hi and welcome SouthernGent,

You have NO idea how bad this can get. I had my m-edge cover, decal girl skin and a book light LONG before I ever got the Kindle at Christmas. I have somehow managed to collect several bags the Kindle fits in and just this morning found myself on the Oberon Design site drooling over yet another cover.  I have completely lost control and the hubby and the kids just shake their heads.....

In the end you must buy your Kindle a new Koat. They just cannot be allowed to run around "nekkid".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
SouthernGent - Bad Influence?  Just you wait, for a preview go to some of the other threads - Vampyre and BJ are the worst! in my own personal opinion, they will have you laughing until you cry, so feel free go join them.

Do we have a thread for Bad Influence persons with kindles? oh yea, it is all the threads.  ::)
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,209 Posts
Welcome.

Besides all the accessories there is also the book buying addiction. 

I was buying one book, reading it, then buying another.  Then I found this board.  I now own 5 pages of books that I have yet to read. ;)

Be sure to check out the book suggestion threads. ;D



 

·
Registered
Joined
·
249 Posts
Anju said:
SouthernGent - Bad Influence? Just you wait, for a preview go to some of the other threads - Vampyre and BJ are the worst! in my own personal opinion, they will have you laughing until you cry, so feel free go join them.

Do we have a thread for Bad Influence persons with kindles? oh yea, it is all the threads. ::)
There you go again. Picking on the guys.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
sebat said:
Besides all the accessories there is also the book buying addiction.

I was buying one book, reading it, then buying another. Then I found this board. I now own 5 pages of books that I have yet to read. ;)
I already had that one. At least with the Kindle I don't need to buy any more bookshelves.

tecwritr said:
There you go again. Picking on the guys.
We do seem to be a minority here. I think I'm fine with that!

farmwife99 said:
A naked Kindle........................... :eek:
I'm sure you'll be taking care of that soon.

BTW what is your new bouncing Kindle's name????
Mine girl is Bella.
Well, I think I have to get one of the amazing Oberon covers, so it appears I'll have to be a bit patient. I'm not really the kind of guy who names his toys, although I did once own a car that was known as the Blue Goose a long time ago.

tessa said:
any Yankee men around?
You don't need any of those dastardly villains! ;)

Thanks to all for the warm words of welcome.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
5,163 Posts
Me...A bad influence???? I'm the one with the one-click addiction! lol.....Kinda grounded now, too. (points finger at Vampyre) He recommended me the Southern Vampire Series. ;) lol. Then Mom had to supply the coffee that enabled me to stay up and read all those books ;)....hmm. caffine sounds good. ::)

Edit: I forgot my smilies!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
7,047 Posts
Vegas_Asian said:
Me...A bad influence???? I'm the one with the one-click addiction! lol.....Kinda grounded now, too. (points finger at Vampyre) He recommended me the Southern Vampire Series. lol. Then Mom had to supply the coffee that enabled me to stay up and read all those books....hmm. caffine sounds good.
Gonna be interesting when you are "of age" LOL not too long is it now? :-X Big kindle board party!!!
 
1 - 20 of 44 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top