Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

IDENTITY CRISIS--a 5-star page-turner
by Debbi Mack

A simple domestic abuse case turns deadly when the alleged abuser is killed and Stephanie Ann "Sam" McRae's client disappears. When a friend asks Sam to find Melanie Hayes, the Maryland attorney is drawn into a complex case of murder and identity theft that has her running from the Mob, breaking into a strip club and forming a shaky alliance with an offbeat private investigator to discover the truth about Melanie and her ex-boyfriend.

With her career and life on the line, Sam's search takes her from the blue-collar Baltimore suburbs to the mansions of Gibson Island. Along the way, she learns that false identities can hide dark secrets, and those secrets can destroy lives.

Author reviews:

"If you enjoy realistic legal thrillers-and dread the thought of 'identity theft' striking home-Identity Crisis will be a genuine treat. Debbi Mack has used her own experience as an attorney to craft a twisty yet completely credible plot. And her protagonist, Stephanie Ann 'Sam' McRae, is a perfect example of what every client should hope for in an advocate: a professional who's willing to take risks both inside AND outside the courtroom."
-- Jeremiah Healy
Author of RESCUE, TURNABOUT and THE ONLY GOOD LAWYER

"Identity Crisis is a well-written and well-plotted mystery which introduces lawyer-sleuth Sam McRae. She's an exciting new protagonist mystery readers will want to get to know."
-- Louise Titchener
Author of MALPRACTICE, BURNED IN BALTIMORE and BURIED IN BALTIMORE

Debbi also posts book reviews and news at The Book Grrl and blogs about the business of writing at Writing for Hire.

·
Super Moderator
67,316 Posts
This looks like my kind of book, Debbi. . . .so I got a copy!  :D

Feel free to check out the whole site and meet the community here.  There's even an Introductions forum where you can tell us a little bit about yourself.

Welcome to KindleBoards!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks so much, guys! :D If you enjoy it as much as others told me they have, please consider posting an Amazon review and telling your friends.

Know you mean, Dawn, about reading those books about the home town. Readers around here have told me they get a kick out of the specific places I've described. Some of them are real, some fictionalized, but I think it captures the flavor of the area.

Anyway, thanks again!

BTW, I'm working on getting IDENTITY CRISIS reissued in print, too. For those who haven't gone electric yet. :)

·
Registered
904 Posts
I just bought your book too!  It looks very exciting.
jp

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Thanks all!

And, JP, I can absolutely promise you there are exciting parts.  :)

·
Registered
856 Posts
I just purchased this one. My TBR is getting longer and longer. The biggest joy of the Kindle is I can carry them all along with me.  ;D

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Boy, do you I hear ya on the TBR list. :)

So many books, so little time . . .

·
Registered
552 Posts
After 25 years in the legal field I had to click on it ;)

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
After 25 years in the legal field I had to click on it

I love it! :D Hope you enjoy the book.

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
I did 9 years in the legal trenches. That was plenty.  :)

Enjoy the book!

·
Registered
76 Posts
I am not in the legal field but the subject matter got me. Picked it up this morning and it is on the TBR list.
Thanks!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Thank YOU, Vicki! And enjoy.  :)

·
Registered
139 Posts
Just finished reading this book, and I have to say I'm looking forward to more.!  Great heroine, fast pace, and enough twists to keep me interested.  I hope this book is the first of many!

·
Registered
55 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thank you so much! I hope to publish more Sam McRae books. I've been looking around for a publisher or agent. It's a tough market out there.

Could you do me a big favor and post an Amazon review with your thoughts?

Cheers,
Debbi

1 - 20 of 41 Posts