Kindle Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
  On another thread Leslie (yes, That Leslie) mentioned that she sees Oscar Wilde way more often than random chance would seem to dictate. I know that I hate that screensaver (not really what it should be called...How about "Sleepface"?) and I've been telling myself for weeks that he only seems to be omnipresent. That in actuality, I only notice and remember him because I hate it so. But I'm having a hard time believing it. I long to see the birds or the Difference Engine again...alas I see only Oscar. 

Are we crazy? (Well, obviously but I meant about this particularly).

·
Registered
829 Posts
ha ha ha  - for me the one I see most often is Jane Austen.  Although...  Oscar did make an appearance today.  :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Well since I just have music for the moment, I have gotten rid of Oscar and the rest of them....LOL

·
Registered
177 Posts
Argh thanks to you I can't get Oscar Wilde's face out of my head. Now I'm afraid to look at my Kindle and make sure he's not looking out at me. lol. Definitely not my favorite of the screensavers.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
ScottBooks said:
On another thread Leslie (yes, That Leslie) mentioned that she sees Oscar Wilde way more often than random chance would seem to dictate. I know that I hate that screensaver (not really what it should be called...How about "Sleepface"?) and I've been telling myself for weeks that he only seems to be omnipresent. That in actuality, I only notice and remember him because I hate it so. But I'm having a hard time believing it. I long to see the birds or the Difference Engine again...alas I see only Oscar.

Are we crazy? (Well, obviously but I meant about this particularly).
I am so with you ScottBooks... whenever Oscar shows his face, I change it!! I wouldn't mind seeing the birds ALL the time... definately my fav! IS there a way to remove Oscar and/or others from the file??

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Angela said:
I am so with you ScottBooks... whenever Oscar shows his face, I change it!! I wouldn't mind seeing the birds ALL the time... definately my fav! IS there a way to remove Oscar and/or others from the file??
You can, but it is sort of complicated.

Somewhere on the Internet, I think at the MobileRead forums, Igor created a file with all the .gifs of the screensavers. What you would need to do is download that file then follow the process for installing custom screensavers, using Igor's pictures. Choose the ones you want and leave out the others (including Oscar!). That should do it.

I don't think there is a way to go on to your Kindle and find the picture files and delete them individually. I have a feeling that Igor created the gifs by making screenshots.

L

·
Registered
731 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
How would you make a screenshot when it's asleep ???  Am I missing something? I would love to be able to delete only Oscar.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
ScottBooks said:
How would you make a screenshot when it's asleep ??? Am I missing something? I would love to be able to delete only Oscar.
Well, that's a good point! Maybe that's not how he did it. But some way or another, he did come up with a file of the screensavers. It's not the same one as mine...Igor has Edgar Allan Poe but no John Steinbeck. Oscar is there, though.

Here's a link to the zip file of the screensavers (I just found it).

http://www.mobileread.com/forums/showpost.php?p=238950&postcount=4

L

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
I thought I was the only one who was sick of Oscar.  I kind of like the musical notes on the hand...it's actually very informative if you read it thoroughly.  I do believe (correct me if I'm wrong) that the notes are placed on the fingers that should be playing that note on the scale.  I find it interesting. 

·
Registered
1,209 Posts
I pretty much like all of the pictures, EXCEPT John Steinbeck.  Ugly! If he comes up when I put my Kindle to sleep, sometimes I wake it up and put it back to sleep, just to rotate to the next picture.

I think they go through in the same order all the time.

·
Registered
385 Posts
Hi, I have several that I got from someone who posted a link at Amazon (probably). Wish I could remember, but I didn't think I'd be posting about them anywhere. There were more -these are just the ones I chose to copy. They were offered freely, so pls feel free to use any of these as well.

·
Registered
5,163 Posts
I find some of those screensavers scary. These is what I have currently:

Its nice and simple. Got the piece from Deivantart and resized it.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts