Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Everytime the battery dropped to 70-75% left it would freeze up on me and I'd have to reset it. Once reset it would work until battery drained then I'd recharge and it would freeze at 70-75% then I'd reset drain the battery, then I just started recharging everynight but it got down to 70-75% again and yip it froze  :mad:.  Twice in the middle of reading Gone for a Soldier and both times during very important parts of the book  :eek: :eek:

Good news they are sending a replacement. I know that's good news but mine as brand spanking new, never used only loved by me.. Now I'm getting someone Else's broken refurbished kindle  :-\ :'(.  Ok I know at least they fixed what ever issue of the other and I'm getting a replacement but still I love my stuff used by me only... I'm nuts I need a shrink I know......

thank goodness I back up all my non amazon books to my laptop (and my desktop -because my laptop dies every 6 months!)

theresam

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
Oh, forgot to ask....can I remove the skin and put it on the replacement or do I have to buy a new skin now??

thanks

theresam

·
Registered
1,724 Posts
Sometimes I think they should replace it with a K2......but maybe that's just wishful thinking. But I understand where your coming from with the "refurbished" part......I don't like having anything "refurbished" lol You always wonder what's going to break next?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I was thinking the same thing. It should be replaced with 'new' and if K1 is no longer the version then it should be replaced with v2. So ya I was thinking they should send a K2 too, but then again, I'm sooo hooked on the k1. The replacement will be under warranty tell my original warranty ends so that's something at least.

theresam

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Many times refurbs are units that are returned for what ever reason, many of which have very little to no usage. Some are even unopend. The orignal buyer just did not want it so returned. The dealer, (Amazon in this case) can't sell them as new so they are marked as refurbs.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Ok, In that case I'll try telling myself that someone returned the poor thing unused and unloved!! <ggggg>

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
There you go. Now give that poor Kindle a loving home! :)

·
Registered
460 Posts
I'm not really a fan of referbs either, but honestly, if it's working... could be worse. Shame they don't just send you a K2 though.

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
If the skin stretches put it back on the original paper it came with and use a hair dryer on it, it Will go back to original shape.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
Thanks Kathy. Now I wish I had kept the original paper LOL. But I'm sure I have something I can put it on if need be. Thanks Intinst. but it may be a good excuse to buy a new skin  ::) :eek:

theresam

edited to add: it might be a good idea to change skin, I'm beginning to think all that purple is scareying people away from getting a kindle LOL. I keep telling them it comes in white and I put the skin and cover on it LOL.  ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
patchymama said:
I took my decalgirl off and put it on wax paper... if you don't have the original paper. It was hardest to take off around the keyboard.
Yes you have to be careful not to tear it on all those little pieces but it can be done. and if you tear one or two and are careful putting it back on, they won't show. (ask me how I know ;) )

·
Registered
62 Posts
bkworm
I had my original kindle replaced when it was 7 months old.  the replacement (a refurb) has turned out to be better then the original.  In the 3.5 months that I have had it, I have only had to reset it once, I had to reset the original more often then that, probably a couple of times a month.  The replacement holds a charge better then the original as well.  I hope my experience makes you feel better about getting a reburb.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Thanks jkent, it would be nice not to get cut off reading during a very good part! Also it would be nice if my battery held a charge longer. I think mine goes in less than a week! That's after the reset at 70%! 

I have to admit, I'm grateful they don't make me send mine into be repaired and have to wait. I think that would be more upsetting than getting a replacement. I'm beginning to get used to the idea with everyones help, so by Tuesday I will probably be with the dogs and jumping up everytime i hear a vehicle hoping it's the replacement :eek: ::) ;D!

theresam

·
Registered
11,848 Posts
"Be with the dogs"...how funny.
Sorry to hear about your experience.  Be sure to let us know how it turns out. 
deb

1 - 20 of 27 Posts