Kindle Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
OK....I enabled one of my co-workers to get a Kindle 1. She bought it from someone here on our board! It was shipped on Tuesday and she just texted me that when she got home from work he was there waiting!!! Yea!! (She knows that it a boy: I believe his name is Kason DeSoto)

Then, I was checking my Facebook page and, surprise, surprise, another friend of mine posted in her status that she just got her new Kindle 2 today and is overwhelmed and excited and doesn't know what to download first. I didn't even know she was getting one!

Guess where I directed both of them?!?!

The Kindle is getting around....YEA! Congrats Liz and Nikki! If you see this, I am sooooo happy for you both!!! :)

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
Congratulations to Liz and Nikki! I hope you join us here. We are all ready and waiting to give you a great big KindleBoards welcome!

And Kay...good job. You definitely have a leadership role in the enablers club.

L

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks, Leslie!  I told them that if they want to come brag about getting a Kindle, we would give them a warm welcome and be happy for them!!! 

We are so nice here....  :)

·
Registered
530 Posts
Congratz!

I thought it about it after I read this and here is the list of people I have influenced getting Kindlized:

1. Co-worker (March 2008)
2. Co-worker (May 2008)
3. Mom (July 2008)
4. Mom's roomate (July 2008)
5. Dad (Feb 2008)
6. Co-worker (April 2009)

I have been encouraging Mom to get on the boards here but she is pretty tied up until school is out but I hope to see her here soon.

·
Registered
138 Posts
-smiles- Kason was my "Rommy" I am so glad he is so very well loved ^_^

On a side note, Liz enabled em to get my Kindle 2, who I have NO idea what his name will be, but his little brother is showing up tomorrow!

·
Registered
5,384 Posts
Congrats! I have been working on my co-workers, my best friend and my sister and have had zero success. I get so frustrated I could just slap em!  :D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Linda Cannon-Mott said:
Congrats! I have been working on my co-workers, my best friend and my sister and have had zero success. I get so frustrated I could just slap em! :D
LOL - it's the ones that you don't really work on that buy 'em, those that you think should, no way.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Let's see

My cousin is baby-sitting my back up for me - she showed a friend, whose daughter is going to get one as well as Mom.  That's two.  And if I need my back-up, cousin is totally hooked after- one book and she'll have to get her own!  eheheheheheh
A member of my DTB club, total surprise
A friend who got one as a graduation present for a nephew, another surprise.
This same friend may get one for her mother who is a voracious reader, but not sure if she can work the kindle (?)
Another friend for herself
Another friend who saw mine and her husband saw one in the wild here, going to get at least one.

Let's keep working on 'em folks, Kindle will take over the world  :eek:  well the book reading world anyway  ;D

·
Registered
118 Posts
I have convinced my best friend she needs a Kindle. Now, to actually talk her into taking the plunge and ordering it.  She keeps whining about how much it costs! I keep telling her it is so worth it. I have neglected to tell her that once she gets it she will spend twice what she paid for it in accessories! I think I will keep that to myself until AFTER she purchases it! LOL

·
Registered
1,424 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
UPDATE, UPDATE

Today, yet ANOTHER co-worker of mine bought a gently used K1!!! So that is now 2 co workers who have joined Kindleland!! :) Yea!!! Of course I directed both to the boards. The first one is already here and we shall see if todays comes along.....

We have yet one or two more in my branch that I have not given up on yet. The lull of Kindle is getting stronger and stronger......

·
Registered
4,465 Posts
"K"ongrats. Let's Kindle the world. Like Jeff wishes: every book ever, available for Kindle.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I'm very happy that so many of you have been able to influence others to purchase the Kindle. It's in the best interests of all Kindle owners to have the user base continue to grow, which should help convince publishers to convert more titles to the Kindle. Unfortunately, I've had a tough time convincing my friends and colleagues. They just believe that it's too expensive and too limited, as opposed to devices like the iPhone, iPod touch or a netbook. But I'm not giving up!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts