Kindle Forum banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
514 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I can tell how spoiled I've become with my Kindle (K1). I was reading a dead-tree book and came to a word I needed defined. I automatically looked for the scroll wheel so I could access the dictionary. It took me a minute to figure out that my paperback book didn't have one. ;)

Another time I sat down to eat and put my book on the table to read. I got very frustrated when it wouldn't stay open without me holding it open. I had to eat with one hand for a change.

Another time I found myself trying to increase the font size while I was reading.

I'm sure I've experienced more such moments, but these are the few that came to mind while reading this one book.

Sigh...

·
Registered
189 Posts
BookishMom said:
I can tell how spoiled I've become with my Kindle (K1). I was reading a dead-tree book and came to a word I needed defined. I automatically looked for the scroll wheel so I could access the dictionary. It took me a minute to figure out that my paperback book didn't have one. ;)

Another time I sat down to eat and put my book on the table to read. I got very frustrated when it wouldn't stay open without me holding it open. I had to eat with one hand for a change.

Another time I found myself trying to increase the font size while I was reading.

I'm sure I've experienced more such moments, but these are the few that came to mind while reading this one book.

Sigh...
Whew - I'm not the only one who's done some of those things. It's so hard to go back to reading a paper book, especially while you're eating. Sometimes I end up using my Kindle to look up those words I don't quite know, as I'm reading the paper book. Then I forget I need reading glasses and struggle to read the paper book. My Kindle has just the right size font, so why doesn't the paper book?

It's good to be spoiled, but spoiled we are! (I was just thinking how much easier life is with a Kindle as my best friend was strategizing about bringing a lot of books on her trip next week. She's making sure there's something heavy to read, some light reading, enough books to entertain her during the time traveling, making sure she has books that don't weigh too much to carry around, etc. I kept thinking, she needs a Kindle!)

1 - 2 of 2 Posts