Kindle Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
613 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have an issue with graphics i was wondering someone could help me out with.

Since I do not yet own a Kindle, I am having to rely on the PC app and friends' help with making sure my formatting is up to par.  This has not been an issue until now.

I am in the process of formatting a graphic novel.  We have had the print pages formatted/cut to fit a Kindle page (essentially, a 23 page comic became a 42 page comic).  I sent the file to a friend with a Kindle DX and he sent back snapshots.  It looked GREAT.  It filled about 90% of the page (as we expected) and the detail was crisp.  After a few edits, the file was re-saved and I tested it on another Kindle over the weekend.  When I did, the images were smaller and only took up about 45% of the page...it looked as if they had shrunk even though we had changed NOTHING as far as specs.

My question...was there eprhaps some sort of image setting in place on this Kindle that I wasn't smart enough to change?  Has anyone else come across a similar issue?

·
Super Moderator
67,702 Posts
Questions about formatting for publication are best asked in the Writer's Cafe. . . .pretty sure there are folks who've already invented that particular wheel. :)

But we also have the KindleBoards Photo Gallery that has a number of images already properly formatted for the Kindle screen. These are intended to be used as sleep pictures for those who have installed the 3rd party 'hack'.

·
Registered
1,274 Posts
When you made "a few edits", what were you editing in? Word? HTML? My process is to insert images into Word, and then save as filtered HTML. But Word creates a folder with the images, and the images are sometimes a different size than what I inserted originally. Thus, I then re-fill that folder of images with my original images.

If you list your process, and where in it you were doing the few edits, maybe I can help. For instance, my process is;
Word -> save as filtered HTML -> tweak HTML in Dreamweaver -> import HTML into Calibre -> convert to mobi.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.