Kindle Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Contemporary Paranormal Romance/Urban Fantasy Setting

Immortal Illusions (part of the Eternity Covenant series)

In a desperate bid to save the dimension, mystic Raine Spencer risks everything to join forces with outlaw sorcerer Jack Madden. To reach their ultimate goal, they'll face vampires, demons, and immortals gone bad. He's her ticket to glory; she's his ticket to revenge. But love has its own agenda.

Old Gods, old grudges, big magic and a whole lot of love ... eternity never looked so good!

Warning: Strong language, graphic sex, violence, sorcery and a little sword play, big explosions, one nasty Druid, and no holds barred.
]

·
Super Moderator
67,458 Posts
Welcome to KindleBoards, Ursula, and congratulations on your book! :)

Please note that KindleBoards is a Readers and Kindle Fan forum. Authors are always welcome to post anywhere but, as you browse the 'boards, please keep in mind that self-promotion, of any sort, is ONLY allowed here in the Book Bazaar.

A brief recap of our rules follows: (Note that this doesn't mean you've done anything wrong; we just want you to have a ready reference. :) )

--Please bookmark this thread (using your browser's bookmark/favorite function) so you can update it as we ask that authors have only one thread per book and add to it when there is more information. You may start a separate thread for each book (or you may have one thread per series of books, or one thread for all of your books, it's your choice).

--We invite you to use your book cover as your avatar and have links to your book and website in your signature. Instructions are posted here

--While you may respond to member posts to your thread at any time, you may only bump your thread (back-to-back posts by you) once every seven days. Once you've responded to a member, that resets the clock to zero and you must wait seven days to post, unless another member posts before then.

--We ask that Amazon reviews not be repeated here as they are easy to find at your book link. Also, full reviews from other sites should not be posted here, but you may post a short blurb and a link to the full review instead.

--Although self-promotion is limited to the Book Bazaar, our most successful authors have found the best way to promote their books is to be as active throughout KindleBoards as time allows. This is your target audience--book lovers with Kindles! Please note that putting link information in the body of your posts constitutes self promotion; please leave your links for your profile signature that will automatically appear on each post. For information on more ways to promote here on KindleBoards, be sure to check out this thread:
Authors: KindleBoards Tips & FAQ.

All this, and more, is included in our Forum Decorum. Be sure to check it from time to time for the current guidelines and rules.

Oh, and one more thing: be sure to check out the index threads at the top of the Book Bazaar. . . follow the directions there to be listed. :)

Thanks for being part of KindleBoards! Feel free to send us a PM if you have any questions.

Betsy & Ann
Book Bazaar Moderators

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
LeeAnn from Coffee Time Romance fell in love w/the hero of Immortal Illusions, Mad Jack Madden, and gave the book an over all 5 cups review.

Rated: 5 Cups!
"Immortal Illusions is an amazing book, full of passion, mystery and good old fashion warfare. You cannot help but fall in love with Jack...a must read for anyone who loves paranormal Romance." -LeeAnn for www.CoffeeTimeRomance.com

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
A strange thing happens when you write a book: it takes on a life, and personality all it's own, and sometimes it's not the one you think...

I'd sent Immortal Illusions to my publisher to get it's RT review. You list the category. Mine was contemporary paranormal (urban fantasy elements). This way, it goes to the right reviewers and the right categories. So imagine my surprise when it came back housed in the erotica section, with a review from there.

I contacted my liaison at my publisher who showed me the list sent, clearly marked contemporary paranormal. We couldn't figure how in the world it wound up reviewed as Erotica, especially since it was heavier on urban fantasy and lighter on tradition romance.

So fast forward a few years, and a local bookseller asked me to do a booksigning for Illusions. I said sure, happy to oblige, and thanks. She said: pick about 6 pages to read for the crowd, make sure it's PG13, we get a mix of attendees. I figure, hey, no problem. Right? Wrong. I open the book and start searching for a passage that is free enough of violence, graphic sex, strong language and other offensive liabilities to reach my page goal, and to hang together enough as an excerpt that it will make sense to my audience.

Can I find this? Nope. It's all bad language, crazy action leading to epic violence (including a demon war raid and the destruction of the Manhattan power grid), and hot hot hot sexual innuendo and follow through (in a train, on a roof, and a few other inventive spots). And suddenly, it came to me how I'd wound up reviewed in the Erotic section of Romantic Times... ;D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm a big history buff, and huge historical romance fan. But there was no way I'd ever have 'the stuff' to write an historical romance, which was a shame because I loved Regency Rakes. To know I'd never have the chance to try my hand at one made me think: there has to be another way. And there was...

When I worked on Immortal Protector, and the character of Mad Jack Madden, the outcast sorcerer, took to life, I found myself imbuing him with the essence of the rake. Reckless, devil may care, a cad by all accounts (and true on most), yet pure of heart. So when I finished Protector, I wasn't surprised that next book on deck was Jack's story - Immortal Protector.

I found myself wondering, now how bad do you have to be to have almost all the Gods of Myth out to get you?
Pretty bad, which becomes very fun to write. Nothing beats a reprobate when it comes to bending, breaking and flaunting rules, and Illusions, I realized was about breaking rules and remaking your future to suit your needs and not the needs, wants, and prejudices of others. Yet, things still blow up, and there's a hot romance through out, so even with that heavy kind of theme, Jack kept things light.

He's a perennial fan favorite, but Illusions spawned a few other weird fan followings too. More on those later.

·
Registered
118 Posts
Hi Ursula! I just wanted to let you know I really enjoy these little snippets and anecdotes about your books on this thread and the other one for Immortal Protector.  This is the kind of promo I like.  You're giving interesting information about you and your books and I find that very helpful, interesting, and fun to read.  I. Love. It.  Looking forward to your updates.  Thanks for sharing!

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Hi Mish! thanks for the awesome feedback and I'm glad you're into it!
I'm big on knowing the behind the scenes stuff myself, and I figure - hey- write what you like to read!  ;D

·
Registered
338 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
So, of all my books (3), Immortal Illusions features a heavy dose of the Norse Gods up to all kinds of shenanigans (for all the right reasons). And of all 3 books, this is the one that sells most in Germany.

Go figure!
;)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts