Kindle Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
J.K. Rowling's announcement of her new Pottermore venture, and especially her decision to publish the Harry Potter series as ebooks is big news for the publishing world. What do you think it will mean for those of us trying to become successful with our books?

What might we do to take advantage of this news?

·
Registered
3,169 Posts
I think it's interesting that she's selling the ebook on the Pottermore site, not through Amazon, B&N, etc. Could there be a future in authors selling directly with no distributor at all? On the other hand, unless a book is very well known most people would rather go to an online store with lots of books than to many different author websites.

·
Registered
554 Posts
R. Reed said:
I think it's interesting that she's selling the ebook on the Pottermore site, not through Amazon, B&N, etc. Could there be a future in authors selling directly with no distributor at all? On the other hand, unless a book is very well known most people would rather go to an online store with lots of books than to many different author websites.
That way, she makes 100% of the royalties. You see it a lot more frequently in the non-fiction world. Though I'd suspect we will start seeing it more in fiction.

·
Registered
3,683 Posts
Definitely something to think about. Build your audience with Amazon, and then start putting links to your direct site at the end of your books...

1 - 5 of 5 Posts