Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
473 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When I am home, I am always in bed....bad back, can't sit.
Anyways, will I need to use an additional light source other than my lamp for reading in bed.
Such as the Mighty Light? Or are those just for low light conditions?

And no, I don't have my Kindle yet!

Thank you in advance, for your suggestions!

·
Registered
433 Posts
You shouldn't need an additional light source other than a lamp or sunlight, just like a paper book. The book lights are for low light situations.

·
Registered
2,696 Posts
If your able to read now, with the lamp you have, then you will be fine.

·
Premium Member
19,280 Posts
This is my nighttime reading light, which I've had for years (many years pre-Kindle).

It is a halogen light that shines a very focused beam of light so it doesn't bother my husband. I bought it at Levenger but unfortunately, they don't sell them anymore. It seemed like it cost a fortune when I bought it (I think I paid $100) but I am so glad I have it. It's a great light.

L

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
I haven't officially reviewed this item yet, as I haven't tested it with rechargeable batteries, but I really like this light:

I find it much more pleasant for reading than my halogen floor lamp, which throws a yellow cast. This light has a low and high setting, and being a horizontal light vs. a spotlight, the light is more even on the Kindle screen.

·
Registered
2,209 Posts
I've had two lights...
The Might Bright 2, I love.  The Owl, I hated.

The mighty bright has 2 light settings.  I usually use mine on low, high is a little too bright for me.  It fully lights the screen, which is something the Owl didn't do.  The arm is very flexible, you can move it any way you want.  I usually flip my M-edge cover back and clip it to both covers that way I don't mark my leather cover.  The edge of the clip slips under the top of the Kindle and stays very secure.

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
I find I don't need as much light for reading on Kindle as I do when reading paper books.  I have a reading light beside my bed and that's sufficient.  When I'm reading in my dining room, natural light is enough, but I have to turn on a light to read a paper book. 

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I used my mighty bright light whenever I was reading at night, but one night forgot it or the sun went down and I was so engrossed in my book I didn't realize it and did not need additional light other than the lamp my DH turned on.

It will be up to you and your needs.

Happy Waiting and when you get it Happy Reading

·
Registered
447 Posts
I gave my Mighty Bright to my sister in Texas.  I just ordered another one today from Amazon.  There's one restaurant where they keep the lighting low and I would need the Mighty Bright. 

Also I think the Mighty Bright being LED wouldn't put out heat.  So I would use it in the summer when the regular lights put out too much heat. 

·
Registered
378 Posts
MineKinder said:
Thank you all, for the great suggestions!

/goes off to buy a Mighty Bright 2 Light now.
Just a quick FYI for if you don't want to pay shipping or go to the trouble of ordering on-line. You can get a mighty bright at Borders. I'm not sure if its more cost efficient to get one there on on the net as you don't pay shipping by getting one there even though there are better prices on the net. The reason I got mine there was because I had a buy one get one free coupon (so i got 2) and i also had a gift card that I needed to use. Now that I have my K I don't buy DTBs anymore, so I had to use it on something.

rla1996

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I also heard from someone that Bed Bath & Beyond has the Mighty Bright, and if you're like me you always have a 20% coupon laying around.  I also saw them the other day at Barnes and Noble (yes, I actually DO still go there!).  I have the Mighty Bright and love it too.  I must be weird, I almost always need a light unless it's daytime.  I do have the m-edge with the e-luminator light, and like that too. 

·
Registered
64 Posts
pidgeon92 said:
I haven't officially reviewed this item yet, as I haven't tested it with rechargeable batteries, but I really like this light:

I find it much more pleasant for reading than my halogen floor lamp, which throws a yellow cast. This light has a low and high setting, and being a horizontal light vs. a spotlight, the light is more even on the Kindle screen.
This is the light I use and I love it. I use rechargeable batteries and they work great. You can also use a USB cord and recharge the batteries off the internet. I like the white light it casts as well.

·
Registered
8,913 Posts
Diana said:
This is the light I use and I love it. I use rechargeable batteries and they work great. You can also use a USB cord and recharge the batteries off the internet. I like the white light it casts as well.
The alkaline Energizers I put in it initially a few months ago finally died last night (maybe ten hours? not a lot). I have the recyclable batteries in a charger right now, we'll see how long they last. I will be testing it with the USB cord as well, and the light does come with a nice, little case for storage.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Vampyre said:

here you go
I actually have the black light to the right and I don't like it at all. It wasn't anywhere near bright enough for me to read with the lights off when DH goes to bed, and it glares really bad I think. If I move it to where there is no glare than I have to squint to read the words even at a bigger font.

I've ordered the might bright 2 and should get it tomorrow...I really hope that it's as good as it sounds.

I

·
0 Posts
I have the MB2 and it's very nice.  I just don't ever need it very often.  I got it in case my power goes off.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Vampyre said:
I have the MB2 and it's very nice. I just don't ever need it very often. I got it in case my power goes off.
What? You can't see in the dark? :eek:

·
Registered
6,135 Posts
I have a Mighty Bright but I rarely it.  When the light leves get low, the first thing I do is make the font bigger!
Andra

1 - 20 of 22 Posts