Kindle Forum banner
1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
... why it's hard to keep up with *all* the posts in our forums:

in each of the past eight days (since Kindle 2 was announced), we have had over 1,000 new posts each day. Wow! Thanks for being part of this amazing community of readers and Kindlers.

·
Registered
5,879 Posts
Harvey said:
... why it's hard to keep up with *all* the posts in our forums:

in each of the past eight days (since Kindle 2 was announced), we have had over 1,000 new posts each day. Wow! Thanks for being part of this amazing community of readers and Kindlers.
I wasn't wondering at all!! It has just about become a full time job trying to keep up!! I am having to be even more selective on the threads I am following! :eek: ;D

·
Registered
43,324 Posts
Wow, over 2000 members, 1 million page view, 1000 posts a day, a daily blog...
Your little KindleBoards site is really taking off.
Between this and your Zune stuff, How did you have time to go snowboarding?

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Just can't follow all the threads and keep up with all the posts, even though I'm on the boards several times a day. So, I pick and choose ... definitely the Book Klubs.

Speaking of which, Harvey, are you still reading Outlander? We need some input from the guys. I have already threatened Mike with THE LOOK.

·
Registered
2,646 Posts
I gave up awhile ago!  I'm obsessive about the Book Corner, and only read what I'm interested in on the other threads.  I do sort of miss the days when I could read all of them! 

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Fortunately my wife helps me get back in balance when I get obsessed with my various, well, obsessions. So she helps encourage me to take days away for diversions like snowboarding.

I get a lot of credit for this site, which I greatly appreciate. But I also remember how it was a lame backwater of a forum - until Leslie acted on her vision of creating a good place for Kindle owners.

I would never have known the pleasure and challenge of administering a site of this magnitude without her. 

·
Premium Member
12,456 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Speaking of which, Harvey, are you still reading Outlander? We need some input from the guys. I have already threatened Mike with THE LOOK.
No, not the *look*! I have been riveted by Outlander - what a great story and I feel like I know Claire, and Jamie. I'll make a note to drop in on the Book Klub and give a man's perspective on it!

·
Registered
856 Posts
I was a lurker for a while before joining. I had not ordered my Kindle at that time but my best friend had hers and I was reading everything I could on the Kindle. Stumbled to this site via the discussions on Amazon and have been hooked. Eight more days :(

G

·
It would be more than a 1000 but I have been distracted and not posting as much.  :)  I guess that number will about double when the new Kindles arrive.

Next week!

G

·
I wonder if the new Kindle will be better at browsing?  Will users be able to log on to the KB with it?  Someone needs to try it and let us know.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts