Kindle Forum banner
21 - 40 of 46 Posts

·
Registered
2,581 Posts
Anne said:
I am taking a course in Medical Billing and Insurance Coding. Basic Diagnosis Coding is the first coding course I am taking. You learn how to find the Code (number) so medical Procedures you have done when you go to the Doctor can be billed.Coding is the transformation of verbal descriptions. Specfic codes describe diseases, injuries and procedures.
Lots of luck to you Anne...mom took it 3 years ago and I remember the many hours she put into studying.

·
Registered
3,128 Posts
chynared21 said:
Lots of luck to you Anne...mom took it 3 years ago and I remember the many hours she put into studying.
Thanks it does take up a lot of my free time. It will be worth it in the end. Is your mom doing medcial coding and Insurance Coding now?

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
I am starting this now--before I get distracted.  I hope to post a review alongside your page on my site!  Be prepared!  If I really love it, I'll be adding you to my 'lets bug the author for a sequel' list  ;)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #26 ·
Jesslyn said:
I am starting this now--before I get distracted. I hope to post a review alongside your page on my site! Be prepared! If I really love it, I'll be adding you to my 'lets bug the author for a sequel' list ;)
Oh, no, not that! LOL! ;D

Oddly enough, I've been grappling with what to do next. I've got several things rattling around in various stages of uncompletion and am not sure what to do next, assuming I can get enough time to actually sit down and write. Acck!

·
Registered
1,551 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
Well, I didn't want to preempt the other book clubs going on - I'll post the schedule if Betsy says it's okay... ;D
I hope so (Betsy, please!). I'll be on a short cruise and won't be back before the Klub starts.

·
Registered
776 Posts
Mike I haven't started the book yet - waiting for the official whistle.  Before I do, though, are there any names or places that are difficult to pronounce (currently in Outlander and going nuts)?  If so, could you post a phonetic cheat sheet?

thanks!  It always bugs me when I have a name in my head and then find out later that I was "hearing" it wrong....

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #32 ·
vg said:
Mike I haven't started the book yet - waiting for the official whistle. Before I do, though, are there any names or places that are difficult to pronounce (currently in Outlander and going nuts)? If so, could you post a phonetic cheat sheet?

thanks! It always bugs me when I have a name in my head and then find out later that I was "hearing" it wrong....
Well, probably the only names that anyone would have too much trouble with - for obvious reasons <grin!> - would be the Kreelan ones. However, those are really pronounced phonetically. One of the minor details of writing this crazy thing was creating both naming conventions and a language (or at least parts of one) that could be transliterated into English.

To give you an idea, here are the main characters in Book One, which is the first third of the novel. There are quite a few other minor characters that pop in, but these are the ones with significant roles. I marked out the quickie descriptions for anybody who doesn't want to know anything about the characters until they run into them in the story (sorry if it looks a bit messy!). ;D

Reza Gard (
the hero of the story
)
Tesh-Dar (
a Kreelan warrior priestess
)
William "Wiley" Hickock (
Reza's friend and mentor
)
Francis Muldoon (
an overseer at the orphanage
)
Nicole Carré (
Reza's first love
)
Esah-Zhurah (
Reza's keeper
)
Pan'ne-Sharakh (
a Kreelan armorer
)

and, of course, the Empress...

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Just an "encouragement" as we get ready to start this book klub.  First.... I have never been a Sci-Fi reader but wanted to be able to be a part of this book klub so I decided to try In Her Name.  Also, I was encouraged by the fact that this is not the same type of Sci-Fi I remember from my youth (which was a very long time ago!).  Since I am also reading Outlander.... I decided to start reading In Her Name..... just a chapter or two was my intention..... and I have not been able to stop reading it since.  This book is absolutely wonderful and over and over again.... I have to keep reading to see what is going to happen next.
    Thanks, Mike for this "gem" and I encourage any of you who might not necessarily be Sci-Fi fans to give this book a try and join us in the book klub.  It is well worth your time!!!

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
PraiseGod13 said:
Just an "encouragement" as we get ready to start this book klub. First.... I have never been a Sci-Fi reader but wanted to be able to be a part of this book klub so I decided to try In Her Name. Also, I was encouraged by the fact that this is not the same type of Sci-Fi I remember from my youth (which was a very long time ago!). Since I am also reading Outlander.... I decided to start reading In Her Name..... just a chapter or two was my intention..... and I have not been able to stop reading it since. This book is absolutely wonderful and over and over again.... I have to keep reading to see what is going to happen next.
Thanks, Mike for this "gem" and I encourage any of you who might not necessarily be Sci-Fi fans to give this book a try and join us in the book klub. It is well worth your time!!!
Awesome, glad you're "hooked" and enjoying it! ;D

That's actually been one of the most gratifying things for me with this book, that folks who aren't necessarily into typical sci-fi or fantasy novels have really seemed to enjoy it. It's hard to tell people that it's a mix of sci-fi, fantasy, political thriller, and romance all rolled into one, because on the surface it seems sort of outrageous to say that. But that's sort of what it is - a bit of something for just about everybody! LOL!

I'll be posting the questions for the first reading segment tonight, methinks. Have to get a bit of a jump on it since tomorrow is Superbowl Sunday (not that I know more about it than it pertains to football, but I know a lot of folks may be glued to that tomorrow). ;-)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I finally got started on this book - looking forward to getting past the first chapter  ??? BUT question - I tend to dream a lot about books while I am reading - this is not going to give me nightmares is it ?  Please tell me it won't! please please please

21 - 40 of 46 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.