Kindle Forum banner

Tell us something about your reading--of In Her Name in particular and of Science Fiction or Fantasy

1 - 20 of 38 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, the poll thread is a good way to get the Klub started and to let members post off topic stuff.  Personally, I joined the klub just to harass Mike.  No wait, it's that I really do like good sci fi/fantasy/romance and I heard this was all three.  I think it was Jan that told me that.

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,461 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The poll answers have me wondering.  I sort of figured Jan would be the only one to answer yes to "I joined the club to keep an eye on Mike."  Hmmmm....

Betsy

·
Registered
455 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:
The poll answers have me wondering. I sort of figured Jan would be the only one to answer yes to "I joined the club to keep an eye on Mike." Hmmmm....

Betsy
LOL Betsy! Me, too! Hmm....is there something he isn't telling me?!?

And I've seen enough of the underwear on the head thing. I didn't join for that. ;) Love your graphic tho, Gertie! :D

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Okay, this is very disturbing: the poll is showing that there are fewer people who want to see me with underwear on my head than are interested in sci-fi. What's up with that? Fortunately, however, the number of people who seem to want to keep an eye on me remains low, so I can perhaps cause some mayhem without too many catching on... ;D

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've never joined in on a book klub before but i love talking about the books i read .. hopefully i can join in on this one if my Kindle gets here Friday as planned ..

if not i will have to run out and get the book if thats ok? ???

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
buddyswife said:
I've never joined in on a book klub before but i love talking about the books i read .. hopefully i can join in on this one if my Kindle gets here Friday as planned ..

if not i will have to run out and get the book if thats ok? ???
I never did a book club before the Outlander one (which I've been shamelessly slacking in - Gertie's gonna give me a kilt wedgie!), but they're lots of fun!

The dead tree version of In Her Name isn't available in brick and mortar stores at the moment, only on-line (here's the current retailer list). But hopefully your Kindle will arrive on time!

Even if it doesn't, almost all of the first week's reading is in the PDF sample from my author site. So you can just grab that if you need to. ;D

Glad to have ya and I'm really looking forward to this (despite the growing fear of getting a kilt wedgie or two!). LOL!

FOUR DAYS LEFT!!!

·
Registered
25 Posts
crossing my fingers for the Friday delivery .. but if not i will surly grab the pdf one but not yet .. i will be too tempted to start reading it lol

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
You do know you have to furnish a "treat" - or at least a recipe that goes with the book???????

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Anju said:
You do know you have to furnish a "treat" - or at least a recipe that goes with the book???????
Hmm, I think I'm gonna have to wing that one: unlike Outlander, where there is yummy fare like haggis, the Kreelan Empire isn't known for its culinary treasures (mostly semi-raw meat!). But I'll see what I can come up with that mere humans such as ourselves might enjoy! ;D

·
Super Moderator
67,319 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
Hmm, I think I'm gonna have to wing that one: unlike Outlander, where there is yummy fare like haggis, the Kreelan Empire isn't known for its culinary treasures (mostly semi-raw meat!). But I'll see what I can come up with that mere humans such as ourselves might enjoy! ;D
sushi

sashimi

steak tartare

:)

Ann

1 - 20 of 38 Posts