Kindle Forum banner

Tell us something about your reading--of In Her Name in particular and of Science Fiction or Fantasy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK, the poll thread is a good way to get the Klub started and to let members post off topic stuff.  Personally, I joined the klub just to harass Mike.  No wait, it's that I really do like good sci fi/fantasy/romance and I heard this was all three.  I think it was Jan that told me that.

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The poll answers have me wondering.  I sort of figured Jan would be the only one to answer yes to "I joined the club to keep an eye on Mike."  Hmmmm....

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
ceviche--

similar idea to Ann's; generally a white fleshed fish of some kind with lemon or lime juice to marinate.

From http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ceviche

Ceviche is marinated in a citrus-based mixture, with lemons and limes being the most commonly used. In addition to adding flavor, the citric acid causes the proteins in the seafood to become denatured, which pickles or "cooks" the fish without heat. Traditional style ceviche was marinated up to 3 hours. Modern style ceviche usually has a very short marinating period. With the appropriate fish, it can marinate in the time it takes to mix the ingredients, serve, and carry the ceviche to the table.

I've had it, though not in years, and it was very good. Hmmm. have to try some again.

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #25 ·
kreelanwarrior said:
Hmm, I think I'm gonna have to wing that one: unlike Outlander, where there is yummy fare like haggis, the Kreelan Empire isn't known for its culinary treasures (mostly semi-raw meat!). But I'll see what I can come up with that mere humans such as ourselves might enjoy! ;D
Although I will say in Outlander we're not eating haggis (I saw Mel Gibson eat haggis on I think the Tonight Show when he was promoting Braveheart, out of a can--bleah!) but sugar free muffins. I'll take crabcakes since you're in Annapolis!

Betsy

·
Premium Member
63,458 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
gertiekindle said:
Which is lots of fun; the book klub or the kilt wedgie? :D

Sheesh, Mike, you're going to tarnish my sweet, little old lady image.

Uh-oh, everyone look out, Gertie's taking the gloves off!

Betsy

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.