Kindle Forum banner
1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
EMPIRE, the first book of the IN HER NAME science-fiction/fantasy series, is available for free from my web site and Smashwords. A lot of people have enjoyed this book (4.6 out of 5 stars on Amazon), and what have you got to lose for free, right?

Here's the hook:

In the first book of an epic futuristic fantasy trilogy, this is the coming-of-age story of Reza Gard, a young boy of the Human Confederation who is swept up in the century-long war with the alien Kreelan Empire. Nightmarish female warriors with blue skin, fangs, and razor sharp talons, the Kreelans have technology that is millennia beyond that of the Confederation, yet they seek out close combat with sword and claw, fighting and dying to honor their god-like Empress. Captured and enslaved, Reza must live like his enemies in a grand experiment to see if humans have souls, and if one may be the key to unlocking an ages old curse upon the Kreelan race. Enduring the brutal conditions of Kreelan life, Reza and a young warrior named Esah-Zhurah find themselves bound together by fate and a prophecy foretold millennia before they were born.

Recommended Reading Order:

Book 1 - IN HER NAME: EMPIRE
Book 2 - IN HER NAME: CONFEDERATION
Book 3 - IN HER NAME: FINAL BATTLE

...or IN HER NAME (Omnibus edition), which contains the complete text of the three books, above...

Book 4 - IN HER NAME: FIRST CONTACT
Book 5 - IN HER NAME: LEGEND OF THE SWORD
Book 6 - IN HER NAME: DEAD SOUL (coming in fall 2011)

Note: if you want to skip down to the more recent posts on this thread, click here...

·
Registered
80 Posts
Fans of kreelanwarrior can watch for his upcoming in-depth interview at PODBRAM. It should appear sometime in early May. He hasn't even seen the questions yet! I have been so swamped with projects at PODBRAM that it's taking a little longer than I had previously expected. The interview will focus on In Her Name, which has already been reviewed by the legendary Al Past, and Mike's extensive knowledge of the Kindle and the Kindle community. Reviews of the how-to Kindle formatting books by both Mike and Joshua Tallent are also scheduled. Thank you.

http://podbram.blogspot.com/

Floyd M. Orr, Author, & Editor of PODBRAM
Timeline of America: Sound Bytes from the Consumer Culture (Nonfiction in a Fictional Style)
The Last Horizon: Feminine Sexuality & The Class System (Nonfiction in a Fictional Style)
Ker-Splash!: Recreational Power Boaters Guide (Nonfiction in a Fictional Style)
Plastic Ozone Daydream: The Corvette Chronicles (Nonfiction in a Fictional Style)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Neekeebee said:
The new cover looks great! ;D By the way, are you going to be changing your avatar, b/c I think I would miss seeing EZ there if you do! :-\

N :)
LOL! I'll probably change it at some point, but not sure what to. I think I'm going to change the IHN omnibus cover, but haven't decided what to with it. Hmmm...

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Neekeebee said:
The new cover looks great! ;D By the way, are you going to be changing your avatar, b/c I think I would miss seeing EZ there if you do! :-\

N :)
Didn't think of that. Mike, please don't trash EZ. Or maybe you can put her in your sig when you change your Avatar to the First Contact cover.

Let us know when your podcast is going to air.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Gertie Kindle 'Turn to Page 390' said:
Didn't think of that. Mike, please don't trash EZ. Or maybe you can put her in your sig when you change your Avatar to the First Contact cover.

Let us know when your podcast is going to air.
We'll have to start a "save the blue chick" campaign! ;)

And I actually have been thinking about doing a podcast at some point, in my copious free time <cough, cough>, in addition to whatever we can cobble together for the DC Klub Meeting...

·
Premium Member
63,459 Posts
Yes, save the blue chick!!!! Beautiful cover, Mike!

BTW, those of you who've read the Omnibus might consider leaving a review for In Her Name: Empire. We all know how much WE consider those little stars when buying books. Empire looked kinda lonely without any stars.... (I left a review, but it takes awhile to post.)

Betsy

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Betsy the Quilter said:

BTW, those of you who've read the Omnibus might consider leaving a review for In Her Name: Empire. We all know how much WE consider those little stars when buying books. Empire looked kinda lonely without any stars.... (I left a review, but it takes awhile to post.)

Betsy
Thanks for that reminder, Betsy. I did review IHN, but I'll do one for Empire as well.

Mike, where does Empire end so I can attempt to say something coherent, or would it be alright if I copied the review I did for IHN?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Betsy the Quilter said:

Betsy
Awesome - thanks, Betsy! :-*

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks for that reminder, Betsy. I did review IHN, but I'll do one for Empire as well.

Mike, where does Empire end so I can attempt to say something coherent, or would it be alright if I copied the review I did for IHN?
Gertie - Empire is Book 1 of the omnibus, so it ends where Reza is exiled from the Empire. Then it has part of the first chapter of Book 2, where he meets up with Jodi on Rutan...

Thanks again! And now it's off to work. Boo...

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
chynared21 said:
Love the cover Mike...looks fantastic but I think you should keep the blue chick. She's kinda cool ;D
Yeah, that's the thing - everybody likes the blue chick (including me!), but I couldn't seem to work her into the "new" covers right. Hmph!

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
Yeah, that's the thing - everybody likes the blue chick (including me!), but I couldn't seem to work her into the "new" covers right. Hmph!
Sure glad I got the original.

How's First Contact coming along? I haven't seen you or Jan around in a while. I guess we're hanging out in different threads.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Sure glad I got the original.
LOL! I'm going to update the cover of the omnibus edition, but will make sure to keep the blue chick! ;D

How's First Contact coming along? I haven't seen you or Jan around in a while. I guess we're hanging out in different threads.
Almost done with chapter 7 - will be finishing that tonight (up to page 85 so far)! I haven't actually been here all that much between that and reading Boyd Morrison's "The Ark" and working out a bit more (starting P90X this week!). Checking a few threads here and there, though...

·
Registered
4,791 Posts
Yeah, I've been waiting for Chapter 7....

:D

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
LOL! I'm going to update the cover of the omnibus edition, but will make sure to keep the blue chick! ;D

Almost done with chapter 7 - will be finishing that tonight (up to page 85 so far)! I haven't actually been here all that much between that and reading Boyd Morrison's "The Ark" and working out a bit more (starting P90X this week!). Checking a few threads here and there, though...
Glad to see you've been away for a good reason.

Is this going to be another three pound blockbuster?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Glad to see you've been away for a good reason.

Is this going to be another three pound blockbuster?
Well, I have given my fingers strict instructions that they need to put a good spot to break the story somewhere around page three hundred (or so).

And it wasn't three pounds, it was only two! ;D

1 - 20 of 63 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.