Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I hadn't checked the Fantasy Book Critic site in a while, but just noticed that they posted the top books they reviewed in 2008 in various categories. And guess what their top pick was for independently published books in the fantasy category? IN HER NAME! Yo! ;D

Notable Indie Books:

1) "In Her Name" by Michael R. Hicks. Space opera, military sf and magic. Reviewed HERE.
2) "The Riddler's Gift: The First Tale of the Lifesong" by Greg Hamerton. Girl discovers her magical powers; superb style and a page turner to boot. Reviewed HERE.
3) "The Crown Conspiracy" by Michael Sullivan. Adventures of a fighter/thief duo-Scott Lynch move aside! Reviewed HERE.
4) "The Pilo Family Circus" by Will Elliot. Think being a clown is fun?
5) "Other People's Children" by Christopher Lucas. The most surprisingly good non-genre novel for me; young Irish-American aristocrat is fascinated and repelled by Adolf Hitler, using his Nazi connections to save thousands of children.
6) "Soldier of Rome: The Sacrovir Revolt" by James Mace. The Legions of Rome: novelization.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Way to go Mike!!!!!!!  I'm doing the happy dance for you!!!  ;D ;D ;D 

theresam

·
Registered
2,205 Posts
Congrats. You definitely deserve it. In Her Name was one of the best books I read in 2008.

·
Registered
70 Posts
WOOOHOOOO!!! That is awesome news!!!!  CONGRATS

I have just started book three, and totally agree with it's placement  ;D

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Here, Mike, it's yours. You deserve it.

Seriously, that is great news. I found myself sliding past this week's chapters and had to stop myself from reading ahead.

·
Registered
1,746 Posts
Kongrats, Mike!!!!!  Finally.... well-deserved recognition in agreement with what those of us who have read this wonderful book have been saying for some time now!!  And on top of that.... the atomic hat!  I just showed my husband the picture of the atomic hat and he said, "I sure hope that hat is very expensive or else I know you'll be ordering one like it soon."  It is SUCH a cool hat and you and Gertie definitely deserve it!!  We're so happy for you...... three cheers for In Her Name.

·
Registered
122 Posts
Congratulations Mike! I downloaded "IHN", after enjoying the sample, but this darn Outlander series has it's hooks in me something fierce, and I haven't been able to read other works at the moment. I have "IHN", "Fevre Dream" and "High Risk" pummeling each other for my next read.  :)

Gertie, that's quite some hat.

Nemo

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
I bow down in humble submission to Gertie, Queen of Hats. I finally got her to let me wear the Kool Atomic Hat! ;D

Now Oprah should *really* see this!! LOL!!

And thanks so much everybody!! Yee-haa!
The hat becomes you. Humble yet fashionable.

Mnemosyne said:
Congratulations Mike! I downloaded "IHN", after enjoying the sample, but this darn Outlander series has it's hooks in me something fierce, and I haven't been able to read other works at the moment. I have "IHN", "Fevre Dream" and "High Risk" pummeling each other for my next read. :)
We'll be reading parts 6 and 7 of Outlander next week. The last two sections are just too intense to put down. Then you can happily delve into In Her Name. You know how I have said about a thousand times that Outlander isn't your typical romance novel? Well, you can believe me when I say that In Her Name isn't your typical sci-fi novel.

Gertie, that's quite some hat.

Nemo
Thank you. I pride myself on my keen fashion sense. ::)

·
Registered
339 Posts
Awesome...Great job Mike.  IHN is in my backlog of books to read, but I believe it just got bumped up.  Now if I can just find the time to finish Judas Unchained, I can start on IHN.  ;D

1 - 20 of 63 Posts