Kindle Forum banner

1 - 20 of 32 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Okay, a couple folks asked what the schedule was, so I figured I'd just go ahead and post it. :)

Date: Chapters
-----------------
1 Feb:  1 - 5
8 Feb:  6 - 10
15 Feb: 11 - 16
22 Feb: 17 - 23
1 Mar: 24 - 29
8 Mar: 30 - 39
15 Mar: 40 - 48
22 Mar: 49 - End

Only 8 days left - d'oh!!  ;D

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I was thinking the dates would be the "start" dates for reading (since the klub isn't supposed to start until 1 February), but I'll be posting the questions for each set of chapters at the beginning of the week, then we can just discuss as we go.

I was also thinking of having one chat a week, maybe around 9pm EST, if people are interested...?

Howzat sound? ;D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I am holding off - I am SO ready to start this one!  I like the idea of the questions ahead of time too.  ;D

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
Woohoo!! Doing happy dance. Ok, I have the weekend to finish up another book and get this one started  ;D :eek:

theresam

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
I was thinking the dates would be the "start" dates for reading (since the klub isn't supposed to start until 1 February), but I'll be posting the questions for each set of chapters at the beginning of the week, then we can just discuss as we go.

I was also thinking of having one chat a week, maybe around 9pm EST, if people are interested...?

Howzat sound? ;D
Chat sounds good. We did the Dead Until Dark chat last night and it was fun! It's going to be on Wednesday nights, so don't pick Wednesdays! What day would you like to have the chat, I'll put it on the calendar. If you want to check out the DUD chat to see how it works, see the posts in the DUD book klub subforum

Also, I did a transcript for the DUD chat. It involved periodically copying and pasting blocks of chat text into a word document then copying the end result into two posts because I ran into a character limit. I'll be glad to help out, although as I told Robin, beginning Sunday I'll be in San Diego for several weeks. It'll be 6PM when these chats are going on and I may not always be home; I may be out having fun or watching the sun set. If you want to do a chat, and want to have a transcript (up to you) you may want to get a volunteer to do it. I don't think the leader should have to do this AND lead the chat.

·
Registered
455 Posts
I can do the transcript. I used to do that in the Scrap Girls chats. The software we have now automatically logs the transcripts and sends them to me in an email. The teachers then post them as attachments on the forum for the students to download. You might want to have Harvey check to see if that's an option for the chatroom here. Makes life much easier than all that copying and pasting. :)

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
ScrappingForever said:
I can do the transcript. I used to do that in the Scrap Girls chats. The software we have now automatically logs the transcripts and sends them to me in an email. The teachers then post them as attachments on the forum for the students to download. You might want to have Harvey check to see if that's an option for the chatroom here. Makes life much easier than all that copying and pasting. :)
Thanks, Jan!

Yes, it would be much easier. I'll check, Harvey initially said the chat transcription was very limited and I couldn't see anything about it in the help screens. If we don't have it now, we may be able to add it after awhile (Harvey's got a big work project right now).

Will keep you posted!

Betsy

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Betsy the Quilter said:
Chat sounds good. We did the Dead Until Dark chat last night and it was fun! It's going to be on Wednesday nights, so don't pick Wednesdays! What day would you like to have the chat, I'll put it on the calendar. If you want to check out the DUD chat to see how it works, see the posts in the DUD book klub subforum

Also, I did a transcript for the DUD chat. It involved periodically copying and pasting blocks of chat text into a word document then copying the end result into two posts because I ran into a character limit. I'll be glad to help out, although as I told Robin, beginning Sunday I'll be in San Diego for several weeks. It'll be 6PM when these chats are going on and I may not always be home; I may be out having fun or watching the sun set. If you want to do a chat, and want to have a transcript (up to you) you may want to get a volunteer to do it. I don't think the leader should have to do this AND lead the chat.
Hmmm, maybe Tuesday? That'll give folks a couple days to do a bit of reading and start getting into the section. I was thinking maybe 9pm EST?

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
Sounds good.  I'll add it to the calendar--Feb 3, 9 PM EST.  In Her Name Book Klub Chat.

We're working on the transcript option for chat, looks like we may be able to add it but don't know if we'll have it in time for the first chat.

Woohoo!  Loving all the book klubs.  I'm reading Outlander, Whiskey Rebels, Dead Until Dark and now In Her Name.  Thank goodness I've got a cross country plane trip coming up!

Betsy

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Betsy the Quilter said:
Sounds good. I'll add it to the calendar--Feb 3, 9 PM EST. In Her Name Book Klub Chat.

We're working on the transcript option for chat, looks like we may be able to add it but don't know if we'll have it in time for the first chat.

Woohoo! Loving all the book klubs. I'm reading Outlander, Whiskey Rebels, Dead Until Dark and now In Her Name. Thank goodness I've got a cross country plane trip coming up!

Betsy
Good grief! How are you keeping up with all those?! LOL!!

·
Administrator
63,461 Posts
I'm not, I'm behind, but I'm catching up this week with appointments and now a long spell in the airport/airplane coming up!

Betsy

·
Registered
12,456 Posts
The transcription service is now in place - I'll get a transcription of all chat activity emailed to me at the end of each day.

Betsy, I'll coordinate with you on what we do with those transcripts, for the book club chats. One suggestion is we could post them as links that, when clicked, would open up text (*.txt) files.

- Harvey

·
Super Moderator
67,251 Posts
I shall copy the schedule to a word file, name it "In Her Name Klub" by "Reading Schedule" and make it a "book" on my Kindle.  ;D

Ann

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Okay, if anybody's interested maybe we'll try for a chat on Thursday 2/5/09 at 9pm EST. I'll bring some coffee laced with chocolate... ;D

P.S. I'll cross-post this to some of the other threads as an FYI, following Robin's lead!

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
hmmmmm catch up on book or chat? Catch up on book or chat? catch up on book or chat? 

Man that's a tough call. I knew I should have called in sick  :eek:

I may check in but I don't want to know what happens before I read it...Ok I really really do, don't, do ooohh man. I'm going over to pogo to get this book off my mind.......ooops maybe I should actually do some work since I'm here  :eek:

theresam

1 - 20 of 32 Posts