Kindle Forum banner
81 - 100 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I'm in the middle of chpt 16. I have to admit though I started a different book that's been keeping me up.  It's not that IHN is not keeping me going but I'm just down and needed a book that was a little more upbeat and was short so I could get back to IHN. But at least I am caught up!!!  :eek: ::)

theresam

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
bkworm8it said:
I'm in the middle of chpt 16. I have to admit though I started a different book that's been keeping me up. It's not that IHN is not keeping me going but I'm just down and needed a book that was a little more upbeat and was short so I could get back to IHN. But at least I am caught up!!! :eek: ::)

theresam
Yeah, Mike. We're ready for this week's questions.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #88 ·
bkworm8it said:
I'm in the middle of chpt 16. I have to admit though I started a different book that's been keeping me up. It's not that IHN is not keeping me going but I'm just down and needed a book that was a little more upbeat and was short so I could get back to IHN. But at least I am caught up!!! :eek: ::)

theresam
Hey, no worries! I know the story is rather dark much of the time, but I promise the ending will be good... 8)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #90 ·
Chad Winters said:
ummm.....i finished the book :)

it was very good!!! And that's from a lifelong SF&F reader! Top quality, really!
Holy cow! All fifty bazillion pages? ;D

Thanks for the compliments - glad you enjoyed it!! FYI, in case you might want to comment, here's the latest review that was just posted this morning at The Book Smugglers. :)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Chad Winters said:
ummm.....i finished the book :)

it was very good!!! And that's from a lifelong SF&F reader! Top quality, really!
I'm so much stronger than you, Chad. ;) I only stayed up until 2am reading IHN and stopped at Ch. 23. Now I have to wait five days to start reading again. ::) I may be stronger, but you were probably smarter to finish. ;D

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #92 ·
gertiekindle said:
I'm so much stronger than you, Chad. ;) I only stayed up until 2am reading IHN and stopped at Ch. 23. Now I have to wait five days to start reading again. ::) I may be stronger, but you were probably smarter to finish. ;D
Good heavens! What is it with you crazy people staying up all night to read? LOL! ;D

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
Good heavens! What is it with you crazy people staying up all night to read? LOL! ;D
Well, it's your fault. (sniff) No, wait. I forgot. You didn't write this book. You had no control whatsoever. It was your fingers deciding what to type. ::)

Remind your fingers when they sign the movie contract that I want to play Tesh Dar. I had a manicure this morning and used black nail polish. Do I have the part?

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
gertiekindle said:
Remind your fingers when they sign the movie contract that I want to play Tesh Dar. I had a manicure this morning and used black nail polish. Do I have the part?
WHAT? you don't want to be Esah-Zhura? :eek: :eek: And get to make out with that hunka hunka burnin love that will play Reza? :p......what's his name again??

theresam

·
Registered
3,404 Posts
I
kreelanwarrior said:
Holy cow! All fifty bazillion pages? ;D

Thanks for the compliments - glad you enjoyed it!! FYI, in case you might want to comment, here's the latest review that was just posted this morning at The Book Smugglers. :)
Interesting review! The funny thing about the Kindle is that I had NO idea the physical book was huge.....I just read it until it was done. You do lose a little of the "this is a big book" or "This is a small book" feel on the Kindle.......

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #97 ·
gertiekindle said:
Well, it's your fault. (sniff) No, wait. I forgot. You didn't write this book. You had no control whatsoever. It was your fingers deciding what to type. ::)

Bad fingers! My fingers, that is. Yours are fine. You've got the part - better start those sword lessons!

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #98 ·
bkworm8it said:
WHAT? you don't want to be Esah-Zhura? :eek: :eek: And get to make out with that hunka hunka burnin love that will play Reza? :p......what's his name again??

theresam
Hrrrrrithik! But y'all are gonna have to fight Jan for him, methinks. I'll make money off of the ticket sales while I figure out how to put on this silly kilt...

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #99 ·
Chad Winters said:
I
Interesting review! The funny thing about the Kindle is that I had NO idea the physical book was huge.....I just read it until it was done. You do lose a little of the "this is a big book" or "This is a small book" feel on the Kindle.......
Yeah, that's one real equalizer with the Kindle! The book is a full two pounds. Doesn't sound like all that much unless you're trying to hold the sucker up.

That's one reason (there are some others) why I think I'm going to split it up into a trilogy...

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
Bad fingers! My fingers, that is. Yours are fine. You've got the part - better start those sword lessons!
Gryffindor sword at the ready!!

kreelanwarrior said:
Hrrrrrithik! But y'all are gonna have to fight Jan for him, methinks. I'll make money off of the ticket sales while I figure out how to put on this silly kilt...
And here's the hat to go with it the kilt.

kreelanwarrior said:
That's one reason (there are some others) why I think I'm going to split it up into a trilogy...
You probably could, but I'm glad we're reading it as all one book.

81 - 100 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.