Kindle Forum banner
101 - 120 of 132 Posts

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #101 ·
gertiekindle said:
And here's the hat to go with it the kilt...
OMG! Is that a live peacock on his head?? ;D

You probably could, but I'm glad we're reading it as all one book.
Hmm, I should try a poll on that. I've had that suggestion from I think three reviewers...

·
Registered
455 Posts
bkworm8it said:
WHAT? you don't want to be Esah-Zhura? :eek: :eek: And get to make out with that hunka hunka burnin love that will play Reza? :p......what's his name again??
Hrithik Roshan or for short - YUM! ;)

kreelanwarrior said:
Hrrrrrithik! But y'all are gonna have to fight Jan for him, methinks. I'll make money off of the ticket sales while I figure out how to put on this silly kilt...
Yep, I get first dibs on Hrithik. Too bad he's married. :( Oh wait, I'm married, too! Whoops! ;)

kreelanwarrior said:
Yeah, that's one real equalizer with the Kindle! The book is a full two pounds. Doesn't sound like all that much unless you're trying to hold the sucker up.

That's one reason (there are some others) why I think I'm going to split it up into a trilogy...
Mike's mother complained about how heavy it is the whole time she was reading it. She kept putting off finishing it because it was so heavy. Good thing she lives in Arizona and we're in Maryland. :D But when we went to Disney World together, she "borrowed" Mike's Kindle to read as much as she could before going home. :)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
Hmm, I should try a poll on that. I've had that suggestion from I think three reviewers...
I just checked out the print version and it's 684 pages, but maybe you know that. ;D Anyway, if you break it up as is, you're going to have three very short books, by today's standards. You need probably 300-350 pages per book, which means you need to add about 100+ pages to each of the books. So far, I haven't really seen anything extraneous in the book, and I would hate to see you add filler.

I haven't read enough that I can see where you could naturally break it into two books, but that might be a better option.

Frankly, I would leave the Kindle version alone. It's a pretty fast read.

Okay, end of unsolicited advice.

Are we still friends?

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #104 ·
gertiekindle said:
I just checked out the print version and it's 684 pages, but maybe you know that. ;D Anyway, if you break it up as is, you're going to have three very short books, by today's standards. You need probably 300-350 pages per book, which means you need to add about 100+ pages to each of the books. So far, I haven't really seen anything extraneous in the book, and I would hate to see you add filler.

I haven't read enough that I can see where you could naturally break it into two books, but that might be a better option.

Frankly, I would leave the Kindle version alone. It's a pretty fast read.

Okay, end of unsolicited advice.

Are we still friends?
We'll always be friends - I've got the Kool Atomic Hat, after all! ;D

That's the trick - it would only work as a trilogy, I think, as there are clearly three main parts. I dunno. Waffle, waffle... <sigh>

Oh, wait - waffles! Is it breakfast time yet??

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
We'll always be friends - I've got the Kool Atomic Hat, after all! ;D

That's the trick - it would only work as a trilogy, I think, as there are clearly three main parts. I dunno. Waffle, waffle... <sigh>

Oh, wait - waffles! Is it breakfast time yet??
The HB of Outlander is 627 pages (PB 896 pages), and Dragonfly in Amber is 743 pages (PB 752 pages). Each of DG's books keep getting longer and nobody complains.

Suggestion: You already have it divided into three books. Maybe you can rename the individual books, then issue it as an omnibus under In Her Name. It would just entail a change on the title page and a beginning page for each book. Book 1 Reza Gard; Book 2 Return to Earth, Book 3 Home or something like that. It's just a bit of headology.

·
Registered
1,529 Posts
I've read lots of sci-fi books that are over 600 pages and never thought the books should be split up. But then again several of them were in series each over 600 pages LOL.  I'd hate to see those all in one! But then again I've read several that were over 1000 pages. now that's when I wished I had the kindle  :eek:

Theresa 

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
AND you would get to charge three times!  I started Book 2 - can't put it down, luckily there is not a whole lot here to read so I can go back to my reading.  Nothing planned tomorrow so I can stay up as late as I want reading!

HOO RAH

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #108 ·
Anju said:
AND you would get to charge three times! I started Book 2 - can't put it down, luckily there is not a whole lot here to read so I can go back to my reading. Nothing planned tomorrow so I can stay up as late as I want reading!

HOO RAH
LOL! All you late-night readers!

Yeah, I guess it's what the reader is used to. Jan and I are used to big books (we hardly look at anything under 500 pages, although Jan's been getting shorter books lately and reading through them like a forest fire), so I dunno.

And Gertie, the omnibus is a good suggestion! That way I could keep the current book out there (with only minor changes) and issue three "new" ones. I guess the publication sequence is backward from what it would normally be, but I'm not exactly a conventional person (in case you hadn't noticed! LOL!)... ;D

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
And Gertie, the omnibus is a good suggestion! That way I could keep the current book out there (with only minor changes) and issue three "new" ones.
Sometimes it helps to bounce ideas around inside the Kool Atomic Hat :D

I guess the publication sequence is backward from what it would normally be, but I'm not exactly a conventional person (in case you hadn't noticed! LOL!)... ;D
I think my first clue was your choice of headgear. ::)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #110 ·
gertiekindle said:
Sometimes it helps to bounce ideas around inside the Kool Atomic Hat :D
At extremely high speed - it's actually a mini particle accelerator!!

I think my first clue was your choice of headgear. ::)
What, wearing underwear on my head?? ;D

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
Well I was asleep by 2 am - and FINISHED!  What evil characters you have, typical humans  :D

Totally awesome!  WOW  8)  and even though I usually read the last few pages of a book I was totally surprised by the ending, didn't go far enough back. 

Thanks for writing this and thanks to your "beautiful wife" for her support (that is a direct quote from you)  8)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Anju said:
Totally awesome! WOW 8) and even though I usually read the last few pages of a book I was totally surprised by the ending, didn't go far enough back.
It's not so easy to skip to the end with a Kindle. Sometimes it gets frustrating, but I'm glad Little Gertie is breaking me of that bad habit.

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
gertiekindle said:
It's not so easy to skip to the end with a Kindle. Sometimes it gets frustrating, but I'm glad Little Gertie is breaking me of that bad habit.
Yep - I am finding that I don't do it as much as I used to, I'd go to the middle, end, front, all over, rarely read a book from page 1 to the end, but the kindle is a bit more difficult as you said. HRUMPH ::)

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #114 ·
Anju said:
Well I was asleep by 2 am - and FINISHED! What evil characters you have, typical humans :D
Well, all I can say is...well, I can't say much of anything without giving spoilers! D'oh! And what is it with you all staying up until ridiculous hours of the night? You must've been propping your eyeballs open with toothpicks! ;D

Totally awesome! WOW 8) and even though I usually read the last few pages of a book I was totally surprised by the ending, didn't go far enough back.
Ha! Tried to cheat and I managed to surprise you anyway! LOL!!

Thanks for writing this and thanks to your "beautiful wife" for her support (that is a direct quote from you) 8)
You are, of course, MOST welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it! But I fear that the poor little book club is just going to be me and Gertie here pretty soon! ;-)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
kreelanwarrior said:
You are, of course, MOST welcome! I'm glad you enjoyed it! But I fear that the poor little book club is just going to be me and Gertie here pretty soon! ;-)
Why do I gotta be the "good" one.

Oh, yeah. I'm a Klub Leader, too, and I must set a good example. It's okay, Mike. I'm experiencing the same thing in the Outlander (hint, hint) Klub. Most of the members couldn't hold back. You'd think Kindlers were avid readers or something. Sheesh.

·
Registered
3,748 Posts
Discussion Starter · #116 ·
gertiekindle said:
Why do I gotta be the "good" one.
Didn't mean to insult you! ;D

Oh, yeah. I'm a Klub Leader, too, and I must set a good example. It's okay, Mike. I'm experiencing the same thing in the Outlander (hint, hint) Klub. Most of the members couldn't hold back. You'd think Kindlers were avid readers or something. Sheesh.
Yeah, who do they think they are, getting ahead of schedule! Where's the wet noodle, strap 'em to the Kalai-Il!

But I'm making progress on Outlander! I'll do some catching up on questions tonight if I get some energy, right now I think I'm gonna have to lay down for a few minutes. Totally pooped out...

·
Registered
455 Posts
I have to catch up on Outlander, too. It's been a crazy coupla weeks. :)

(Actually, I have this boss that is making me come up with these questions for his book klub! If I don't get 'em done, he has this thing he does with wet noodles! ACK!) ;)

·
Registered
7,047 Posts
I may not do a lot of posting but I do read the Klubs  :-X all of them and I am sure a lot of others do too.  There's just so much here to digest, the KB, and not enough time to read  :D

You just rest up Mike - keep those brain/imagination cells in good health  ;)

If you cook the noodles long enough in a crock pot, he's can't hold on to them very long  ::)

·
Registered
26,676 Posts
Anju said:
I may not do a lot of posting but I do read the Klubs :-X all of them and I am sure a lot of others do too. There's just so much here to digest, the KB, and not enough time to read :D
I've been watching how many views we have in the Outlander Klub and I can see that people are reading along with the discussion. As long as everyone is enjoying the book and discussion, it doesn't matter if they all post.

101 - 120 of 132 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.